Is there any way I can watch MultiView in 1080p or less?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Okay, every time I switch my Dish mode to MultiView it automatically upscales the TV to 4K. I try to play around with the settings to lower it but it does nothing. If you are wondering why I don't want to see MultiView in 4K is because my TV also has 3D capabilities and my TV has VERY GOOD simulated 3D aka 2D-to-3D conversion, but it doesn't work whenever I have a 4K signal. Yes I do like 4K picture if you are wondering, but I also like mixing things up. I don't need to hear your gripes about whether or not if you like 3D or simulated 3D, I just want to know if there is anyway around this resolution thing?

Like it is that hard to change inputs on the TV? Both outputs (HDMI and component) work simultaneously, so they can both stay hooked up all of the time.
No they don't, the H3 will switch to 4k and the component output will shut down or the HDMI connection will fail the HDCP test and again you will get nothing.

Reactions: JSheridan
If you're using the component output to the TV it stays in 1080.

Thanks I’ll pick up a component cable this Friday. I really don’t mind unhooking one up and hooking up another when I want to do simulated 3D then changing it back to HDMI afterwards. So it’s not really that big of a deal to me guys. Thanks for the input JSheridan.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks I’ll pick up a component cable this Friday. I really don’t mind unhooking one up and hooking up another when I want to do simulated 3D then changing it back to HDMI afterwards. So it’s not really that big of a deal to me guys. Thanks for the input JSheridan.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I pipe the component output to different TV's in the office and shop so I just plug in the HDMI wire when I want to watch 4K. :)

This is part of the reason why I like Directv receivers over Dish.

I can set the Directv receiver to native and it will not try to upscale the picture.

For years I had to watch SD on my Sony wega television because of the 16x9 picture vs the 4x3 picture.

The Directv native resolution option fixed everything.

This is part of the reason why I like Directv receivers over Dish.

I can set the Directv receiver to native and it will not try to upscale the picture.

For years I had to watch SD on my Sony wega television because of the 16x9 picture vs the 4x3 picture.

The Directv native resolution option fixed everything.
I hated that feature. I used to have a H25. It would cause a loud "pop" sound on my Sony TV, and the screen would flicker, almost every time I changed channels, while the Directv receiver was changing resolution to match the channel it was tuning. I still used the feature, though, because with native turned off, it would stretch the 4x3 SD channels to fill the 16x9 screen, which I also couldn't stand. I didn't fool around too much with the settings, though, so maybe there was some way to fix these problems that I overlooked.

I hated that feature. I used to have a H25. It would cause a loud "pop" sound on my Sony TV, and the screen would flicker, almost every time I changed channels, while the Directv receiver was changing resolution to match the channel it was tuning. .........

Essentially the same problem with Tivos. If you let it pick the matching resolution you get longer channel change times, sometimes loss of sound for a few seconds after that, etc... So while it sounds like a great feature in use too annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)