wing dish eastern arc?

G

gopcs

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 27, 2008
I switched from DirecTV to Dish Network last week. The signal loss due to rain/clouds is unbearable. I had Dish about 4 years ago with Hopper 1, and signal loss was very minimal. Now, with Hopper 3, I am trying to think of ways to improve the signal.

I am located in central Tennessee. The equipment is the Hopper 3 and one Joey, wired (not wireless). The satellite dish from the old DirecTV service is still on the roof. Is it possible to change the LNB on the DirecTV dish and configure it as a wing dish for the Dish Network? If so, which LNB would be required? Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
I switched from DirecTV to Dish Network last week. The signal loss due to rain/clouds is unbearable. I had Dish about 4 years ago with Hopper 1, and signal loss was very minimal. Now, with Hopper 3, I am trying to think of ways to improve the signal.

I am located in central Tennessee. The equipment is the Hopper 3 and one Joey, wired (not wireless). The satellite dish from the old DirecTV service is still on the roof. Is it possible to change the LNB on the DirecTV dish and configure it as a wing dish for the Dish Network? If so, which LNB would be required? Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.
It wouldn't work. If you're having signal issues, I bet the Dish wasn't ever peaked in properly