Two dishes

Riverpilot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2015
Iowa
Afternoon all,

I've done a search and didn't come up with the exact information I was looking for.

I'm curious if there is a 2 dish system that is compatible with the Hopper 3? What I'm looking for is combining the WA, with the 77 bird from the EA.

Is this possible, or even better is it possible with 1 dish that can combine WA with EA 77?

Appreciate any information. Thank you.

Afternoon all,

I've done a search and didn't come up with the exact information I was looking for.

I'm curious if there is a 2 dish system that is compatible with the Hopper 3? What I'm looking for is combining the WA, with the 77 bird from the EA.

Is this possible, or even better is it possible with 1 dish that can combine WA with EA 77?

You can do this with a DPH-42 switch. The WA lnb needs to be standard, not hybrid. It also needs to be mounted on a 1000.2 dish.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Promise you won't get the thread locked and I'll answer. :biggrin

Seriously, if you have a western arc 1000.2 and a hybrid LNB you could just add a Dish 300 or Dish 500 and point it at 77. Then take the output of that LNB and connect it to the Input on the Hybrid LNB. If it's more convenient you could also use a DPH42 and DPP LNB's on both dishes.

Of all the schismatics I have seen on the Hybrid LNBF, I have yet to see what can be connected to the Input Port of the LNBF. Where have you seen the the Input Port will convert DPP LNBF to Hybrid signals?

I think the two DPP LNBFs into the DPH-42 Switch is the correct option.

Reactions: SandFarmer
Currently I'm on the EA, and with the way weather happens around here, it just isn't working very well. We're in a valley of sorts, along with the river, which causes weather to do weird stuff in terms of breaking apart when coming at us from the west and reforming again on the other side of the river.

I could use the current spot I have the dish, which is I think the 1000.4?? I only get 61 and 72 birds, and put a dish there just to pick the 77 bird up. I have another spot which would be great (had directv at that spot) which I would use the dish to get the WA.

It would be EA dish, to WA dish (approximately 20 feet) then another 20 feet to where everything comes into the house.

The reason I want the 77 is because our locals are HD on 61.5 (spot beam) or 77 conus. The WA is SD only.

Reactions: pattykay
I could use the current spot I have the dish, which is I think the 1000.4?? I only get 61 and 72 birds...
If you are only getting 61.5 and 72, that is a 1000.2 dish. All you would need is a WA LNB for that dish (and move it to where you have line of sight for WA) and add the second dish for 77, and you will be all set. :)

Reactions: JSheridan
This only with a WA LNB:

upload_2018-8-16_20-30-14.png

Of all the schismatics I have seen on the Hybrid LNBF, I have yet to see what can be connected to the Input Port of the LNBF. Where have you seen the the Input Port will convert DPP LNBF to Hybrid signals?

Because I've done it. Used an Eastern Arc Hybrid with a Dish 500/DP Single for the 129, cable into the input port on the hybrid LNBF. Also done it with a WA hybrid and a wing dish pointed at the 61.5

30vojti.jpg

I've done it too. Also see the Dish diagram I posted in this thread. And here's another one:

upload_2018-8-16_22-49-24.png

Reactions: NYDutch and HipKat
I'm really not up on Dish equipment, but let's see here... can I use my current dish, which croc pointed out was a 1000.2, as the 77 dish and use a hybrid LNB?
Then get another 1000.2 for the WA and another hybrid LNB?

Or use a 500 dish for the 77 bird, and put the 1000.2 over to the other spot for the WA....

Then I could still use the hybrid LNB either way on the WA and one of those single LNB for the 77 bird....

I really need to read up more about all the Dish stuff, it's a lot different than the death star stuff. lol :)

Thank you all very much for your help. Have a great day!

Reactions: pattykay
I'm really not up on Dish equipment, but let's see here... can I use my current dish, which croc pointed out was a 1000.2, as the 77 dish and use a hybrid LNB?
Then get another 1000.2 for the WA and another hybrid LNB?

Or use a 500 dish for the 77 bird, and put the 1000.2 over to the other spot for the WA....

Then I could still use the hybrid LNB either way on the WA and one of those single LNB for the 77 bird....

I really need to read up more about all the Dish stuff, it's a lot different than the death star stuff. lol :)

Thank you all very much for your help. Have a great day!

Yes you can do this:

'Or use a 500 dish for the 77 bird, and put the 1000.2 over to the other spot for the WA....

Then I could still use the hybrid LNB either way on the WA and one of those single LNB for the 77 bird....'

ok.. thanks much. Just trying to keep it as simple as possible without changing too much equipment etc.. :) I'll start looking things up... :)

Afternoon all,