Is there any way to force the update to a better time than 2 to 4 am?? I'm tired ofit

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I'm so tired of being woken up feeling like I'm about to take off in a plane. Is there a setting somewhere that I could tell it to do its downloads around 10am rather than f***ing 1, 2 3 or 4 am??

any help is appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
what model receiver do you have? but yeah, on the newer receivers you can set what time you want it to do updates.
Like on my 522, you go to Menu, Preferences, and then Updates... then enter the time you want it to update. Done

duh, sorry it was 6 am and I forgot to put that! lol

it's the vip 622 Thanks for the advice I'm gonna go change it:)

Thanks so much! Now it'll do it at 3 pm, not 3 am

Thank god I can sleep again~!!

Yes, I do .... If we get something new, my wife starts using it while I read the manual. :D

We're in the minority, trust me !

Very true not many people read manuals that come with stuff.

I don't think i've ever read a manual... I may refer to certain chapters if I can't figure out how to do something specific, but never the whole manual..
My girlfriend the other day got a new cell phone, and actually sat down and read the entire book that came with it.... wasted an hour of her life in my opinion :p

Now where did I learn of the PIP (swap and position) in single mode? Oh yeah, a Charlie chat rerun. I generally prefer dual mode for more control but I may come around.

You do know that the swap button in the recordings list of the 622 swaps between the last two sort mode -- usually name and date order for me, although length can be useful. Sometimes the manual does not help.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)