Is there any way to tell the box to.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fsquid

Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I posted this on the DBS talk forum and I thought I would try here too. Setanta is on Sat 61.5 and 110. My problem is that the box keeps thinking it should look for the channel on 61.5 when I get a much better signal through my 110 (I get the preview channel clear as day). Is there anyways to tell the box that when I want to watch channel 406 to not look at 61.5 at all? The funny thing is all my HD channels come through on 61.5 and they are perfectly fine.

Outstanding, I guess I'm SOL until they stop mirroring it. Anyone know why I can get everything else off the 61.5 satellite, but can't get this one channel (probably can't get others either, but I don't watch them).

Last edited:
Outstanding, I guess I'm SOL until they stop mirroring it. Anyone know why I can get everything else off the 61.5 satellite, but can't get this one channel (probably can't get others either, but I don't watch them).

If you are watching Liverpool or Arsenal games then that explains why the picture is $hitty. LMAO:D

Hmm.. Bad LNB maybe. Not getting all transponders. Is it showing up in the guide and just giving you a searching box.. Or is it not in the guide at all..

It shows up in the guide. When I try to turn to it, I get that blue screen where it says it is searching for the Satelite and then tells me that it can't find 61.5 tp 18. That's when I usually yell, "well look on 110 feckhead"! That doesn't seem to work.

Well if you are getting somethings off of 61.5 and missing just some transponders, the my first guess would be that the LNB has partially failed.. May be getting odd or even transponders only and not the others. If your signal level is weak on the ones you do get then re-peaking the dish may bring them all in.. If not then just get another Dish Pro LNB for you dish and that should fix it.. I am (assuming) that you know that the cable from the 61.5 is not messed up, or corroded, or in any way messed up.

Thanks for the answers fellas. I called up Dish to tell them about the problem, but they said they couldn't help because I didn't order any of the channels that were on that transponder. Probably a BS line, but it was Sunday and I wasn't going to ruin it by arguing it with them on the phone. I'll try again another day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts