Is there any way to wake the 922 remotely?

tom231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Wisconsin
When I try to access my 922 with my phone and the receiver is sleeping it won't allow me too. Or should I disable inactivity standby?

Even if it's on, I still have to retry my dvr connection several times before it will connect. So I'm not so sure it's related to the unit being in standby, but one thing you can try is going to the "remote" and hitting the select button a few times, that seems to help establish the connection.

I have an iPhone and I've never had that problem. I've occasionally had it not connect but I think that was due to poor signal quality in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I try to access my 922 with my phone and the receiver is sleeping it won't allow me too. Or should I disable inactivity standby?

I have this problem also. I asked this same question last year and got the same answers, i.e. never happens to me, etc. I think a lot of people never turn off the DVR so they never have this issue. What I've found is I repeatedly go back and forth in my app on my phone and eventually it turns on, I did this today at work and it took 6-8 tries before it came online.

This happens on my Droid X and my iPad and both are consistent, also happens on the web via dish and the beta site.

I'll also mention this doesn't happen on my local LAN/Wifi network at home, only when I'm away.

If I leave the receiver on no issues what so ever.

Every time I load the app I get the same thing. Hit the Refresh and it should all be fine after that. I don't know why, but I have to do that every time I load the app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)