Is there enough Bandwidth to add espn2 HD, Starz HD, etc.?

great guys, can you get back on topic, please?

Sorry..

I say we all band together and march on BH to demand the following.....

ESPN2
NFL NETWORK (and the HD version)
Starz HD
Starz On Demand
TMC HD
CINEMAX HD- (this would have been nice during the Cinemax marathon in Nov)
National Geographic HD
.. and I am sure I missed some. Did we really need LOGO? Even the gays I know don't watch it. Fox Reality is cool though... at least a step in the right direction. Oh, and TVone.... aside from 227, what have they got. Do religious people really watch religious channels? Get rid of them too!

Sorry..

I say we all band together and march on BH to demand the following.....

ESPN2
NFL NETWORK (and the HD version)
Starz HD
Starz On Demand
TMC HD
CINEMAX HD- (this would have been nice during the Cinemax marathon in Nov)
National Geographic HD
.. and I am sure I missed some. Did we really need LOGO? Even the gays I know don't watch it. Fox Reality is cool though... at least a step in the right direction. Oh, and TVone.... aside from 227, what have they got. Do religious people really watch religious channels? Get rid of them too!

StarzHD/on-demand tmchd and cinemax hd are coming, TWC has already got deals setup for them.

as far as useless channels go can we get rid of fox news channel? If i want to listen to GOP spin id listen to rush or hannity on the radio. I like facts in my news not spin. and can we get rid of ESPN or put it on its own tier, im sure most our customers would love a reduction in their rates by as much as 2.50 a month

as far as espnhd2 and nflnetwork id only want to see those if they allowed bhn to offer them on a sports tier. I know about 800k customers + who would not like their bill to go up as much as 2 dallors a month for those channels

stevenl, let's keep politics out of here. FNC is just partial balance to ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, et. al. You don't have to watch it.

stevenl, let's keep politics out of here. FNC is just partial balance to ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, et. al. You don't have to watch it.

Forgive me if i sounded that way, I was simpley making an analogy of "one persons useless channel is antoher persons favorite channel" thats all

Forgive me if i sounded that way, I was simpley making an analogy of "one persons useless channel is antoher persons favorite channel" thats all

Fox News is #1 in cable news for a reason. They are fair and balanced, laugh if you will but those who watch know that to be true. I should know, I watch it all the time. I am not a GOP extremist at all. I am economically conservative and socially liberal. I know liberals and ultra-conservatives that do watch it, and it really is a great channel. Fox News is fair to both sides and everything in between. The problem with the anti-fox news crowd is that they actually have never sat and watched it. Sure you can find bad examples of anything on You Tube of something that may sound far right, but you can find the same for just about any topic. I have Fox News on in the background whenever I am working on the computer or reading, so I hear what is going on and they are not far right. Just look at Alan Combs.

I am big into the financial markets (not that I am rich off them) and I am hoping BH will carry the new Fox Financial network whenever they decide to launch it. With the success of FNC, I am sure they will carry it.

I agree that there are a lot of people that don't watch ESPN2. I really don't even watch sports with the exception of the Bucs and I am a die hard Lightning fan, but ESPN1/2 are pretty much standard fare and to remain competitive, both should be offered to subscribers in the HD format. Knology in Pinellas County has ESPN2 HD, thus, so should BHN.

stevi- you are getting better about the negative comments towards me, and I do appreciate it. Aside from the direct jab at me regarding the Fox News Channel of course. But you'll get there I'm sure.

Fox News is #1 in cable news for a reason. They are fair and balanced, laugh if you will but those who watch know that to be true. I should know, I watch it all the time. I am not a GOP extremist at all. I am economically conservative and socially liberal. I know liberals and ultra-conservatives that do watch it, and it really is a great channel. Fox News is fair to both sides and everything in between. The problem with the anti-fox news crowd is that they actually have never sat and watched it. Sure you can find bad examples of anything on You Tube of something that may sound far right, but you can find the same for just about any topic. I have Fox News on in the background whenever I am working on the computer or reading, so I hear what is going on and they are not far right. Just look at Alan Combs.

I am big into the financial markets (not that I am rich off them) and I am hoping BH will carry the new Fox Financial network whenever they decide to launch it. With the success of FNC, I am sure they will carry it.

I agree that there are a lot of people that don't watch ESPN2. I really don't even watch sports with the exception of the Bucs and I am a die hard Lightning fan, but ESPN1/2 are pretty much standard fare and to remain competitive, both should be offered to subscribers in the HD format. Knology in Pinellas County has ESPN2 HD, thus, so should BHN.

stevi- you are getting better about the negative comments towards me, and I do appreciate it. Aside from the direct jab at me regarding the Fox News Channel of course. But you'll get there I'm sure.

I chose foxnews to make the analogy as stated above because i knew it was a channel you watched. Not to insult you for watching it if you would of watched :the golf channel" id of used that instead. Personnaly I can only think of about a dozen channels I enjoy watching if that. so their is alot of wasted space in my oppion :)

hmm, btw, did i mention as of this thursday, i will be officially deactivate from bright house cable (except for their internet)?

loved it, they called me monday afternoon asking me what they could do to get me back. lets start with not losing your sports subscriptions to d*, adding espn2hd and nfl network hd.....for starters!!

i went in a week ago to turn my boxes in and had to wait 45 minutes. alot of people there paying bills etc.

I waited in line for 30 minutes at Bright House in SP on a Saturday a few weeks back to change out my HD DVR. I stood their thinking how sad it is that 90% of the people around me had waited until the last minute and were paying their bills. That is a lot of standing around if you think about how they are probably doing the same thing with their electric, water, phone, etc.... talking about living financially day to day. So anyway, after 30 minutes I got up there to switch my box and they were all out! They had been for two months and made me schedule an appointment the next week for service at my home. I had to wait almost a week and then sit around through their window for the guy to come out. Needless to say I wasn't happy!

I waited in line for 30 minutes at Bright House in SP on a Saturday a few weeks back to change out my HD DVR. I stood their thinking how sad it is that 90% of the people around me had waited until the last minute and were paying their bills. That is a lot of standing around if you think about how they are probably doing the same thing with their electric, water, phone, etc.... talking about living financially day to day. So anyway, after 30 minutes I got up there to switch my box and they were all out! They had been for two months and made me schedule an appointment the next week for service at my home. I had to wait almost a week and then sit around through their window for the guy to come out. Needless to say I wasn't happy!

Certainly could see why you were upset, and yea I dont understand why people dont use "My Account on Demand" to pay their bill or the Website, or hmm possible the MAIL! go figure.

and the window is only 3 hours long and you can request a 30min call ahead so if you need to run out they will call you and the tech HAS to wait 30mins before it can be canceled for you not being their, so in the future maybe that will help you so you dont have to stare out the window.. Usally when I tell people about the call ahead they seem to like it.

Hope you dont have to wait again. Sucks when we run out of equipment... I remember when we first got DVRS or heck even HD boxs, they were like gold if you could find one.

Certainly could see why you were upset, and yea I dont understand why people dont use "My Account on Demand" to pay their bill or the Website, or hmm possible the MAIL! go figure.

and the window is only 3 hours long and you can request a 30min call ahead so if you need to run out they will call you and the tech HAS to wait 30mins before it can be canceled for you not being their, so in the future maybe that will help you so you dont have to stare out the window.. Usally when I tell people about the call ahead they seem to like it.

Hope you dont have to wait again. Sucks when we run out of equipment... I remember when we first got DVRS or heck even HD boxs, they were like gold if you could find one.

I request a call ahead every time but the only times I ever get one is when it is like an hour or two before the three hour window starts and the tech calls to see if they can come early. Other times they just show up and catch me in my underwear because they didn't call. The underlying problem in the Tampa Bay market is that they use third party contractors for a lot of their work and the techs make it clear that they are paid by the job and love quick and easy jobs and hate lengthy wiring jobs. Knight Enterprises sucks ass! My experiences with BHN techs have been mostly good however.

I have spent over 9 hours on the phone with Directv over the last 30 days trying to get an install in LA and trying to see what they are doing because my Appointment 2/08 was missed as they called mid-day that Thursday to say they have no more HD Equipment and will not receive a shipment until 2/22 - well over a month since I finally had it ordered.

30 minutes or 30 days......

hmmmmm

Your point?

I have spent over 9 hours on the phone with Directv over the last 30 days trying to get an install in LA and trying to see what they are doing because my Appointment 2/08 was missed as they called mid-day that Thursday to say they have no more HD Equipment and will not receive a shipment until 2/22 - well over a month since I finally had it ordered.

30 minutes or 30 days......

hmmmmm

Your point?

My Point was a response to........

i went in a week ago to turn my boxes in and had to wait 45 minutes. alot of people there paying bills etc.

I added my story of waiting for 30 minutes. The point is the Bright House locations are a nightmare.

I think the LA smog is getting to your brain. What a great place to live. Sorry about you luck!

i think you might be missing HD's point. he was saying that while waiting 30 minutes in line to exchange a box might be a tad too much.....it beats waiting 30 days for a piece of equipment, he may or may not even see on the 22nd!!

anyhow, i had no problems getting my hd dvr from d* when i ordered it on the 10th. hmm..............................................

My Point was a response to........

I added my story of waiting for 30 minutes. The point is the Bright House locations are a nightmare.

I think the LA smog is getting to your brain. What a great place to live. Sorry about you luck!

I didn't say I live in Beverly Hills, which btw, the number of smog alert days is virtually nil compared to 20 years ago.....I live in Tampa Bay.

i think you might be missing HD's point. he was saying that while waiting 30 minutes in line to exchange a box might be a tad too much.....it beats waiting 30 days for a piece of equipment, he may or may not even see on the 22nd!!

Correct, I'd rather have spent 45 minutes in a BHN location then wasting close to 10 hours on the phone and waiting 30+ days for a real install to actually happen and beating them up on pricing for the equipment that they must install and will not drop ship.

anyhow, i had no problems getting my hd dvr from d* when i ordered it on the 10th. hmm..............................................

As the 10th was Sunday and they will not drop ship the DVR, do you mean Jan 10th when the tech came out with the AU9 and the HR20 about a month later to install them?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)