Is there help for me???

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
I got a very minor problem with my 722K and it might just be my lack of knowledge, but it's driving me nuts!
I like to record Two and a Half Men and at the end of the show I like to read the Chuck Lorre's Vanity Cards, but when I press pause the "progression bar?" displays, blocking the bottom of the card. I haven't found a way I can "clear" the bar off the screen so I can read the bottom of the card while the program is paused. This happens regardless of if I'm watching the live show or the recorded one.
Is there any help for me or am I condemn to logging on to
www.chucklorre.com each week to read the last couple of lines?
Ghpr13:(

Whenever you pause a show and the progression bar is blocking something (like a news or sports ticker), just press "Skip FWD" and it'll disapear. That's really the only to remove that bar.

The frame will advance but it won't be much of a difference.

That's been a common question on the Tech Chats over the past several years.

While paused, you can press the forward button. It will advance the screen slowly but it will remove the pause bar. Might have time to read it then. If not, back it up and do it again.

Whenever you pause a show and the progression bar is blocking something (like a news or sports ticker), just press "Skip FWD" and it'll disapear. That's really the only to remove that bar.

The frame will advance but it won't be much of a difference.

That's been a common question on the Tech Chats over the past several years.

While paused, you can press the forward button. It will advance the screen slowly but it will remove the pause bar. Might have time to read it then. If not, back it up and do it again.

BTW there is no help for you. You are now a forum addict and that is a hard habit to break. :D:D

Thank you all for these replies. Advancing or reversing is what I usually do, but the problem with the "Vanity Cards" is they are only of frame or two so you don't have a lot of screen time to work with. I have to admit that is the only thing I miss from Insight's DVR, you could pause and the progression bar would clear after about 20 seconds.

I'm Ghpr13, and ...well, I am a forum addict! It all started with one little question...then, well you all know the story....:D

Last edited:
Sometimes, because other times it just jumps, you can control it in the paused state. Skip forward does one frame and skip back does about 2 seconds. These instead of the usual 30 sec forward and 10 sec back. From pause you can use fast forward at 1/16 then 1/4 speed and backward at 1x in jumps. Yes, these skips do clear the time bar or most of it.

Often after several skips or slow operations it will jump 3 sec or more or to the beginning, a real pain.

My CW station's HD OTA is now messed up with the herky-jerky on Smallville and can only be played at about 1x forward. Faster just mutes the sound and backward restarts.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts