Is this a good fta lnb?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
I need a few LNB's for more people that want the Azteca channels on 93W.... I need the LNB's to mount to 30" dish's. I'm going to fabricate a lnb holder but I would like to know if these inexpensive lnb's will do the trick for Azteca@93W.......

Sadoun
Tele-Comm T-1500
SINGLE DIGITAL STANDARD Linear KU LNBF
FEATURES:
Standard KU LNBF - Single Output
11.7 - 12.2 Ghz
LO: 10750
N.F.: 1.0 dB
30 days warranty
Lightweight and small size for easy installation

Voltage-Controlled H/V Switching (13/18 V)

The feed diameter is a 50mm

Linear type.

Made in Taiwan

Attachments

• T-1500_small.jpg
    T-1500_small.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
They got a deal on those right now, they look like the original Primestar lnbs. Should work just fine, and you don't need a multiswitch to get both polarities like with the original Pstar lnbf.

WOW!... He did a nice review, Thanks for pointing that out to me. Based on his review, I went ahead and ordered three of them.....Good price too.

Lowes, Home Depo have items in the electrical hardware section that you can use to hold one of these onto the dish. Look around and you will see.

Good luck and tell us how you made out with it.

That was the LNB Alphastar DTH serves was using on there 76c Winegard dishes back in the old days. I have one very good LNBS mines is 1.2d

Does anybody know the diameter of the feedhorn itself...at the widest point. I realize the throat is 50mm. These might be a candidate as a multiple LNBF to mount on a Primestar dish.

I have one of these. I got it when Sadoun was including it for $.01 with a 76cm Winegard. I have use it with good results on that dish, it's fixed on 30W right now. I actually use the standard 40mm holder with it. I know it's oversized and is a little off focus in the 40mm holder, but it works well.

Bottom line, you won't be disappointed for $5. :)

WOW!... He did a nice review, Thanks for pointing that out to me. Based on his review, I went ahead and ordered three of them.....Good price too.

Does anybody know the diameter of the feedhorn itself...at the widest point. I realize the throat is 50mm. These might be a candidate as a multiple LNBF to mount on a Primestar dish.

I measured the widest diameter on the plastic area to be 54.8 mm and the smallest diameter on the plastic area to be 54.3 mm.
The metal ring close to the top of the LNB is 54.0 mm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)