Is This A New Problem?

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Lately I've had a problem while looking through the Guide. I will be on a certain station, and bring up the Guide, then start scrolling through it to see what is coming on. Then, without warning, the Guide has returned to the original station I was on. Now, the Guide is still up, but I'm back to the listing for the station and time of the current program I have on.
At first I thought this would only happen at a 1/2 hour time change...like when the Guide "shifts" over to the new time period, but today the Guide returned on me while I was scrolling through it and the time, per the Guide was 2:58pm, and the time slot on the Guide was still at 2:30pm.

Has anybody else had this problem? (I have a 722k with the latest update.)
Ghpr13:(

Yeah, I had this happen to me a couple of times. It usually happens when the receiver becomes slow or unresponsive. You keep just pressing the same button a bunch of times, but the receiver just quits and makes you start over.

I had noticed it in the past but it does seem to be happening more frequently.612 and 722 receivers with latest s/w

I've noticed this too, but it's usually while I'm "surfing" the guide during which a top or the bottom of the hour time change occurs. It has happened at other times, but just a few.

I've noticed this too, but it's usually while I'm "surfing" the guide during which a top or the bottom of the hour time change occurs. It has happened at other times, but just a few.
Exactly...That's how it happens with my 722k.
Ghpr13:(

What happens at the hour and half hour is different than what the OP and myself were describing. That just jumps forward, time wise, but stays on the same channel. We were talking about the guide jumping back to the original channel that was being viewed at the time the guide was opened. Like you are watching CNN (200) and open the guide and go to The History Channel (120), the guide goes back to CNN (200) for "NFR".

This is the first time I have heard of this problem. I will submit a Technical Problem Report for this. Can I get a couple of people having this issue to PM their account information for the report?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)