Is this info correct?

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
Well my 625 died the dreaded 311 message. So I called E* the are going to send a replacement. I also singed up for the 6 dollar a month service plan. I then asked about upgrading to a 722k. The rep told me I would get the 722k lease of course, and a tech will come out to my house and replace my dish 500 and install 1000.2 since I am on Western Arc. They also told me it would be no out of pocket money on my part. They told me to wait till the new 625 arrived and then call back for the upgrade My gnarndma told me if it sounds too good to be true..(you know the rest) so, from the E* experts out there is this true? I am afraid of an ole bait and switch or hidden fees.

thanks for the infi, i currently do not have an hdtv set will get on in the summer, rep told me no probem i could get hd for life for a one time fee of 99 dollars, when i am ready

And again HIFI just knoooooows.

The PM is a good place to start :D. There are upgrades available from time to time for some customers that with a new 24 month agreement you may qualify to get a free upgrade of equipment (922 excluded though it does get discounted to $200). From the sounds of it it doesn't sound like a bait and switch to me, but as HIFI said shoot me a PM with the account # or phone #.

thanks for the infi, i currently do not have an hdtv set will get on in the summer, rep told me no probem i could get hd for life for a one time fee of 99 dollars, when i am ready

You shouldn't need to pay $99. Just a 2 year commitment and sign up for auto pay should do it at no charge. Even if you don't have an HDTV now, connecting with standard composite cables will down convert any hd content to sd.

I tell my customers all the time.......if you are out of your 2yr contract, Dish will usually do the 1.4 dish and 722 upgrade for HD for free in order to get your new 2yr commitment. I do a lot of HD upgrades because of that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)