Is this possible

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
Here's my setup:

I have a 722 in the basement that is solely used for the HDTV. In the living room I have a 625 which feeds the living room TV as well as TV2 in the bedroom. I would like to feed the 722 to the bedroom (in addition to the 625) so I can watch DVR'd events from both the 722 and 625. IS there any way to do this? Thanks!

Does the TV in the bedroom have two different inputs? If so, then run to the other input. One will use the cable type input, the other will use the RCA inputs. Then just switch inputs with the remote.

If it doesn't, then get an AB switch from Rat Shack for the cable input.

Yes, there is. Just enabled TV2 in the 722 and set it to a different channel than TV2 in the 625. You will also need to combine the two outputs with a splitter or run a separate cable.

For example if TV2 in the 625 is set to Cable Channel 73, setup TV2 in the 722 to channel 75 or channel 77.

Edit: If you want to keep the 722 in single mode, just enable TV1.

Yes, there is. Just enabled TV2 in the 722 and set it to a different channel than TV2 in the 625. You will also need to combine the two outputs with a splitter or run a separate cable.

For example if TV2 in the 625 is set to Cable Channel 73, setup TV2 in the 722 to channel 75 or channel 77.

Edit: If you want to keep the 722 in single mode, just enable TV1.

Exactly!

A lot of times I'll send both TV2's on the same coax...and then split them on a 2-way splitter; perfect in homes when wiring is not centrally located. More for the sake of ease of confusion, I'll try to stagger the channels with some iteration of "3". Example, Ch. 73 and then Ch. 83

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)