Is this possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fenwah

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
I have a 522 DVR right now and a HDTV in the family room and a LCD TV in the bedroom. My wife won't let me get the 811 HDTV receiver in the family room because she has fallen in love with the DVR. I refuse to pay $500+ for the HD DVR.

So, is there anyway that I can view recorded shows on my 522 DVR, which is located in my bedroom, with my HDTV in the family room that has the 811 HD receiver? The 522 allows two TVs to be linked to it.

That way, my wife can view recorded shows on the DVR on the tv in the family room. Is this possible?

Fenwah,

first I am an expert but I think I know the answer to this question.

I think first you will need a second Sat line in your bedroom then all you have to do is run an output line from the STB to the family room and use the RF remote to change the channel for the 522 from the family room.

you will need an additional sat feed. I would hook the 522's tv2 out into the Regular Coax tuner in the HDTV and hook the HD receiver up via the DVI or COmponent. when she wants to watch tv she can tune the tv to whatever channel the 522 is set to. when you want to watch you just have to go to the designated input.

I took it one step further. I ran a 2nd satellite feed to the 522, then I ran the coax out of the 522, 2nd tuner & attached it to my whole house cable run, (which I no longer use naturally). I can then attach a coax to the cable jack in any room, hookup a TV & watch DVR or satellite coming in on channel 60. I use the UHF remote to control it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)