Is this really so complicated?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kg4ozx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Alabama
My whole family has Dish Network, and most of us live within sight of one another. One problem we have all had is that our Local channels do not map down correctly to their in market channel number. I called Dish Network about this issue months ago and was told that they were aware of the issue and would work to resolve it but that there were several zip codes that have this problem.

All in all it hasn't been a huge deal, we have all adjusted to using the 8000 series channels for locals. But a couple of days ago it started working! The channels were in the right places and my OTA channels had guide data! WOOHOO!

That is until this morning... now the guide is back like it was. I called E* tech support and drew a *wonderful*:rolleyes: csr/tech support rep who started down the wrong path altogether (By wanting me to do a "scan locals" from the setup menu)

It's not a big deal... but having guide data and the option to record my shows from OTA channels from the guide was nice while it lasted...

Any idea why it would start working then quit again?

Mine did this after the update to L4.43. I did a check switch, which forced a guide download, and they're back now.

No dice... did that and got nothing. I had reset the reciever two times before that, but that didn't force a guide download. I did get a new guide download, but it still didn't fix my problem.

I finally explained my problem to the CSR in simple enough terms and have had a tech report submitted. Maybe they'll get it worked out soon.

Thanks for the recommendation, Hall.

I was losing guide data for my locals when my 129 LNB started going out. It would go out during the hottest part of the afternoon, and for some reason the 622s would lose guide data on the local channels (my locals are on 129) until the system rebooted in the morning. I replaced the LNB and it works fine now.

I was losing guide data for my locals when my 129 LNB started going out. It would go out during the hottest part of the afternoon, and for some reason the 622s would lose guide data on the local channels (my locals are on 129) until the system rebooted in the morning. I replaced the LNB and it works fine now.

Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

This is a common problem amongst myself and several other E* subs in my area (most of my family), and this is the second dish installation I have had at this location that has this problem, so that eliminates your LNB Theory.I definitely appreciate the thought, though!

E* support attributes it to my location (not everyone who gets Birmingham Alabama locals has this problem, obviously)

I used to get Huntsville Al locals, which I prefer, but for some reason both Direct and Dish switched my area to Bham locals. I guess it has something to do with DMA and agreements between stations. Either way, I never had that problem with Huntsville locals, just Birmingham locals.

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)