Is this the new hd dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last edited:
They were supposed to e-mail me when it came out, but I didn't get one, I even got the confirmation e-mail I was on the list. When did you get the e-mail? Have you called to see what the "deal" is?

Originally Posted by geaux1

Higher security deposit???? LOL, see, you definitely are not in my league son. I haven't paid a security deposit on something in what...20 years. Newsflash, I have a "hit" from some asswipe I got in a fight with to the tune of 6 grand I refused to pay, I sent a letter saying dude did not live up to his end of the bargain so I just refused to pay, period, and I still get ZERO interest loans, under 10% cerdit cards and one and 2 point over prime credit. Yes, fromt ime to time somone does reject me give me a higher credit rate for it, but the next one does not or a phone call resolves it. You are wrong and still live in the pay security deposits world, so there you have it. It's not fair, but it's true.

Maybe thats why you haven't seen an email my lawyer friend.

Mtnmike you are a goob and a fool, what kind of a loser keeps someones old posts from a website. You don't believe I am a lawyer and I won't pay for something I was promised for free, KMA. My name is J. Patten Brown, III, La. Bar Roll No. 21503, TN Bar (we call ir BPR No. 021970). Look me up and call me anytime and i'll gladly call you the fool you are to you face. Have a nice day. If you don;t have anything constructive to add to ym question, shut your mouth.

Can't take a little ribbing Geaux1? Try to lighten up a little and not take forum participation so serious.

I don't keep your old posts, Satellite Guys does. In any event most of us have been to other posts and are familar with each other in that manner. Like most here we have all shared or read each other's comments in other strings on other subjects. Yours included. We tend to become familar with each other. The fact that you obviously stretch the truth on occassion, take yourself too serious, and are over-tempermental is obvious.

"Goob" now that's a new one LOL.

By the way J Patten Brown doesn't sound Hispanic. You aren't related to F Lee Bailey are you?

Last edited:
Fine, I apologize, i'm having a bad two weeks on a lot of levels, Tv being the very least. My Dad's from Louisiana, mom from Mexico. Good is a term used where I went to college, just a generic word for not cool.

No need to apoligize. Most of us are here to learn or help each other; and on occassion mess with one another when the moment calls for it. Have a great day.

Last edited:
Cool, all I was trying to figure out was whether this MPEG4 DVR is being phased in around the country and maybe not available yet to me. As I understand it, and maybe I am wrong, I need the 5 LNB anyway to use it and all I have is the 3. I have not called yet because I am in and out on business for the next two weeks and just can't ge t it before then. Saw somewhere else someone called and got it for free if an old A+ customer and for 100 or so if a new customer, but who knows if that was true.

geaux1 said:
Cool, all I was trying to figure out was whether this MPEG4 DVR is being phased in around the country and maybe not available yet to me. As I understand it, and maybe I am wrong, I need the 5 LNB anyway to use it and all I have is the 3. I have not called yet because I am in and out on business for the next two weeks and just can't ge t it before then. Saw somewhere else someone called and got it for free if an old A+ customer and for 100 or so if a new customer, but who knows if that was true.

You can use the new HR20, or the H20 for that matter, with a phase 3 dish. You will not be able to watch mpeg4 channels, however. Those are the new hd locals and hd rsn channels.

What size is the HD in side?

Does anyone know what size the hard drive is inside the box?

geaux1 said:
They were supposed to e-mail me when it came out, but I didn't get one, I even got the confirmation e-mail I was on the list. When did you get the e-mail? Have you called to see what the "deal" is?
Unless your on the WEST coast, it's NOT available.
As for everyone speculation about BB having them, here in town they do not have them, matter of fact I had to tell the BB sales person about them.
They ARE showing up on the BB web site, I asked about that, it is listed as the HR20-250 in the store (it is the mpeg 4 DVR, that much I did check on), but when the BB rep pulled it up on the computer (internal store computer) it listed as an HR20-700...
They said try back on Friday

Jimbo

I can't get a straight answer...Called Direct and got several different answers...Does the New HR20- 700 series have one cable for sat-in or two like the old one...An installer said it has two but Direct says that this model isn't out in San Diego yet... He was here yesterday....I keep getting the runaround from direct and two installers...We have our direct connected through the cable outlets in our home which only has one inlet, the installer said to wait for the new HD dvr, it has only one and you will be able to record and watch a different channel...We have 3 regular dvrs but under this one cable setup we have to watch the same channel we are recording...The first installer told us to wait so he wouldn't have to string another cable... We were also told that a new regular dvr, not HD, was to come out this year, I have called Direct 5 times with no satifactory answer... They keep switching me and disconnecting the phone call. The guy yesterday said he has heard of no such thing so we sent him on his way....What a bunch of crap this is...Can anyone give me the answer?

Charruss: 1st line CSRs, supervisors and maybe even 2nd line more than likely have no info in their scripts yet. You aren't getting BS's they just don't roll out info on items not fully released; likely THEY are still being trained and those scripts being printed. I hope this repost of rear panel photo helps.

Attachments

• 08-backpanel.jpg
    08-backpanel.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 192
hdtvtechno said:
So whats the Ethernet jack for again ?
sorry i forgot...
Possibly internet connection ???? maybe eventually it will be connected that way enabling transmission thru your wireless routor ????
Just wondering too.....

Also, what is the " Sat A " connection for ?
Kinda looks like the other end of a USB slot, but that is already below it...

Did someone mention perviously that there would be a way to hook up
an External HD ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Unless your on the WEST coast, it's NOT available.
As for everyone speculation about BB having them, here in town they do not have them, matter of fact I had to tell the BB sales person about them.
They ARE showing up on the BB web site, I asked about that, it is listed as the HR20-250 in the store (it is the mpeg 4 DVR, that much I did check on), but when the BB rep pulled it up on the computer (internal store computer) it listed as an HR20-700...
They said try back on Friday

Jimbo

It is in my bb well the web site said i can pick it up at the store try zip 30606:)

sguest9 said:
It is in my bb well the web site said i can pick it up at the store try zip 30606:)
Give it a try, I have heard that my BB will have them on Friday, ( the website showed them in stock last week, but when I went it to verify they were not there)

My OP was on Monday and I see they are starting to roll now, word was that the roll out would be on the 13-15th of the month, I guess they are ahead of the schedule !!!

WHAT, D* AHEAD OF SOMETHING ??? Impossible !!!

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts