Is this the right tool for the job?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

alice123

Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I'm new at networking and I want to start making my own network wires/cables for my office. I ordered this crimping tool from lducompany.com (crimper should be here in a few days) and I wanted to learn if there are any other kinds of network cat5 wire crimping tools out there that would work better? liangdianup.com/inventory/459901.htm is the location for the crimp plires on thier website, those are the ones that I bought. Funny that it says Germany on the handle of the plires but I would gues they are made in China since the company I bought them from is in China. If you know of a name of a certin cat 5 wire crimper that would be better for me to use then please post it here. Thank you :)

making cat5 cable is really easy.. any crimper should work.. just make sure you put the wires in the right order.. search the net you'll find the correct color order for each side..

Looks a lot like the one I use. I bought mine from Lowes a few years ago for about the same price.

Personally, I use the color guide printed on the female socket. It is always available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts