ISF Calibration!

btalbott

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
First, let me say if anyone out there is riding the fence on getting their Mits calibrated (or any other RPTV), DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! I just had the pleasure of having Gregg Loewen calibrate my Mits 65413 I purchased back in December. I was hesistant about how much of a difference it would make calibrating the TV, but it is truely eye-popping.

I have 2 small children so I elected to keep the protective screen on the TV (call it paranoia). I normally watch television at night in complete darkness, so that was no big deal; but I did see it without the screen on and it looked even better (you could have all the lights on in the house and not seen any reflections). Maybe I'll take it off when he comes back for a tune-up next year, and the kids are a little older.

3 hours later (he works the remote going in and out of the service menus like a madman, and you can tell he knows exactly what he's doing) and my Mits looked exponentially better.

I had the ISF (w/1080i) and grayscale 480p (DVD) done during his visit. Oh yeah, I was the 2nd person to get the EEPROM Reflashing (I2C Fix) -- Red push, as this is a new procedure he is performing on these models of Mits units.

Truely a wonderful professional. My 4 1/2 year old son was with us the entire time and Gregg went out of his way to talk to him and walk me through everything that he was doing.

Hey Gregg....Can we watch Shrek yet?? Kids, gotta love em. Thanks for the wonderful service!

Recommend to everyone! Cheers all.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)