Issue with facebook app on ipad...

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've been having an issue with my Facebook app ever since they made their changes several days ago. When I've got my wall set on "all stories", I keep having a safari window open to a you tube music video. And it's a different video every time it opens. It seems to be when friends post music videos, that's what keeps opening my safari windows. The only thing that seems to work is as soon as I open Facebook, I have to start scrolling down the wall. But as soon as I stop scrolling, here comes safari with a music video. I don't have this issue with my iPhone or computer. And I can change to "status updates" only, which doesn't show videos or photos, and I don't have that problem. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

smokey982 said:
I've been having an issue with my Facebook app ever since they made their changes several days ago. When I've got my wall set on "all stories", I keep having a safari window open to a you tube music video. And it's a different video every time it opens. It seems to be when friends post music videos, that's what keeps opening my safari windows. The only thing that seems to work is as soon as I open Facebook, I have to start scrolling down the wall. But as soon as I stop scrolling, here comes safari with a music video. I don't have this issue with my iPhone or computer. And I can change to "status updates" only, which doesn't show videos or photos, and I don't have that problem. Is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

I only use safari for FB on the iPad, since the app is an iPhone sized window, and until this morning it was still the old FB. But now it has those darn top stories. But the new iPad FB app is supposed to come out next week.

But Your problem is a strange one. Maybe uninstall the app, and then reinstall it. See if tht makes it go back. Or as an alterntive, logout out and log back in.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

smokey982 said:

Same issue here. Its Dexter videos on mine. It is really annoying.

EDIT: I changed my news feed from "All Stories", to "Status Update". Seems to have fixed it.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteG

Well everything I've been reading on the web said that the Facebook Ipad app would be available on the same day as Apple's new Iphone announcement (yesterday). But that didn't happen. Has anyone heard of a new date it might become available?

Well everything I've been reading on the web said that the Facebook Ipad app would be available on the same day as Apple's new Iphone announcement (yesterday). But that didn't happen. Has anyone heard of a new date it might become available?

Wondering the same thing....

stimpson said:
I saw on one of the thousands of "What's left out on the new iPhone" videos that it was only a rumor.

Well. I just downloaded the new Facebook app for the iPad. Check it out folks.

smokey982 said:
This app is soooooo much better than the app I've been using. It's about time.

Agreed. Excellent. Better than desktop FB. And the photos are awesome.

The new app would crash on loading, on all my devices. Something it didn't like about the update, deleting the app and reinstalling fixed it.

Pepper said:
The new app would crash on loading, on all my devices. Something it didn't like about the update, deleting the app and reinstalling fixed it.

Yeah, same here. I think it did not play well with the data from the original app.

Well. I just downloaded the new Facebook app for the iPad. Check it out folks.

There is nothing to download. The iPhone APP itself was modified to work as a different HDUI on the iPad. You just need to update the current iPhone APP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)