Issue with tuning to FSN regional sports channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NABRIL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
Hello
I added channel 412, RSNET to my favorites list since the Florida Panthers play often and their games are showed by Fox Sports Florida. On many nights that I know they are playing, I will scroll through my guide of favorites and see the game listed in one of the many 412 channels. But, as I move down the guide, it will skip over those 2 channels (SD and HD), and I have no way to select either of the 2 channels. The red box that highlights your current channel even disappears from sight. I have to select the NONE guide list, find the channel again, and then I can tune that channel.

1. Why does this happen?
2. One my previous 722 receiver, FSN Florida always had the same channel, which was programmed as a favorite, and I could always tune to the same channel (it was 423). With the Hopper,however, it seems that under 412 are a number of channels that broadcast sports. My team, although shown by FSN, doesnt get the same channel every time. Why?

I only get one of them 412-06 - I have only that channel added in my favorites list and it works fine...

Reactions: NABRIL
Right. I added the 2 channels labeled FSN-FL to my favorites list, but a lot of times, the games appear on other channel numbers within the 412 range. So I have to search for the game.

One my previous 722 receiver, FSN Florida always had the same channel, which was programmed as a favorite, and I could always tune to the same channel (it was 423). With the Hopper,however, it seems that under 412 are a number of channels that broadcast sports. My team, although shown by FSN, doesnt get the same channel every time. Why?

Sounds like your games are being shown on the RSN "ALT" channels (i.e. the other channels in the upper 412's) instead of the main channel. There can be a few different reasons for that, but my guess would be a conflict between two conflicting-market sports teams playing on that channel at the same time. Hence why you are unable to select the main "FSN-FL" channel, as its probably broadcasting a different game from outside your market (i.e. blacked out).

An example of this is what we run into here in Charlotte with our Charlotte Hornets NBA games. FSN-SE is my local RSN, and that channel has broadcast rights for BOTH the Charlotte Hornets and Atlanta Hawks. Typically in cable markets, Charlotte DMA would see and FSN-SE Feed with the Hornets Games, while Atlanta DMA gets a feed with the Hawks games. Dish, though, only uplinks one main feed of FSN-SE channel, and chose to use the Atlanta feed on the 24/7 channel, so all the Hornets games for the Charlotte market get pushed to the various "ALT" channels. At least we still get them, but does require us to go through the guide to hunt down which ALT each game is being shown on.

Reactions: NABRIL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts