It is party time guys.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
MoLR-Science_bluray.jpg

I wan to thank all the blu-ray supporters, you guys made the difference, we are the next standard format.
VHS>DVD>Blu-ray

[youtube]ZmOQyyezwCQ[/youtube]

I wan to thank all the blu-ray supporters, you guys made the difference, we are the next standard format.

Umm, I'm sorry to say, I don't think the Blu-Ray internet supporters, trolls, bloggers, etc., had much to do with this. Those decisions were way above your paygrades.

Anyways, on to one format.

Last edited:
Now that sony won the war, maybe they can focus on getting us some more good games on the ps3

I agree. What was said on these forums had NO impact on the war,. None. Zip. Zero.Zilch.

Right, because Sony decides what price all the other companies sell their players at.

Oh, and they also decide how much the studios sell their movies for.

The cost of the players is a function of how much the license fee charged by Sony is to produce BD players. SO yes, Sony controls the price of the hardware.

I did not comment on the software.

Bu-Ray Rocks!! Yeah I think in the next month or so prices will go down. Also for those who like watching movies on their PC I know Sony had a Blu-Ray Drive for like $200 bucks.

They have a regular Blu-Ray drive for $200 the rewrite is $500 you might be able to find them cheaper on-line some where else..

Category Page Blu-ray Disc™ Drives

I have been a Blu-ray supporter, but this certainly doesn't feel like party time. It feels more like having just swatted a mosquito...and realizing the damn thing sucked a pint of blood. Hopefully Toshiba's decision to vacate its HD DVD business line will lead to a "Next Generation" DVD explosion The war won't be over the public is provided with more affordable players and media.

A lot of CE manufacturers, software companies, and studios (even BD ones) can now go full bore on developing and marketing new products and titles now that any reason for caution and hesitancy has been removed. In a few months, we should see a flood of new devices, PC/standalone, and software to support and take advantage of the lone next-gen media format.

Sure we can party!!!@party But then we have to keep it down because there are alot of HD-DVD fans who are not very happy right now.:shh

Umm, I'm sorry to say, I don't think the Blu-Ray internet supporters, trolls, bloggers, etc., had much to do with this. Those decisions were way above your paygrades.

Anyways, on to one format.

No, but it drove people to buy players, getting deals on movies..I am sure the internet played a big part in this war...especially the bogo's.

No, but it drove people to buy players, getting deals on movies..I am sure the internet played a big part in this war...especially the bogo's.

What are you talking about? HD-DVD is available on this internet thing just like BD. Did the internet play a big part in the outcome? I don't know and it doesn't look like you do either. Make and arguement that it did. You can't just state it as fact.

I'm really new to this whole HD DVD versus Blu-Ray business. I can tell you that discussions here and other sites caused me to wait and not purchase so at least for me the Internet did have an impact. My gut reaction to watching the demos in stores was always that Blu-Ray was fantastic and maybe, at least to my eye, a bit better and I'm not just saying that because of the recent happenings. However, just before Christmas I almost popped for a HD-DVD as the price was really coming down and it was probably a BestBuy salesperson who told me to wait a few months that kept me making a "mistake". Typically I'm kind of a impulse buyer but this one time all your comments and one well timed piece of advice stopped me. Of course now I'm all cranked up to get a Blu-Ray!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)