It seems the Dish board gets more traffic than the DirecTV board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Although the DirecTV board gets a moderate amount of traffic, I just think it seems the Dish Network board gets a little more.

Yes, those of us who have been around for a while often (unfairly maybe) think of this as predominantly a Dish site, dbstalk as predominantly a DirecTv site...

The board started with both (and VOOM), but Dish has been a more colorful company with endless intrigue. Law suits involving most of the industry, retransmission disputes galore, endless product tangents, cowboy quotes from its founder, etc... Essentially Dish has always had a ton more news and rumor surrounding it and DIRECTV has been business as usual with a tight control on leaks and essentially not having much to talk about -- delivering content consistently with few disputes and rumors just is not as juicy to write about and seek out the internet for help...

Dish drops channels -- people flock to the internet to find out why... DIRECTV does not have a dispute, viewers keep viewing and do not search the internet for answers as to why the channel is still there...

Reactions: Tampa8 and Jimbo
We have actual people here from DISH helping our members. People know if they have a problem with their DISH service to check here first as normally you can get your issue fixed here first.

I wish we had that on the DIRECTV side, I would welcome that greatly.
We on the D* side try to help as much as we can, that said, we can't make changes like the D* centers can, we can only make suggestions.

While yes it would be nice to have D* on board, you have bent over backward and they haven't accepted as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)