It the $100 referral program changing after 7/14 or 7/21????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
Ok, it seems like so many "deals" are ending on or near 7/14. I was just looking at the terms for the referral program and saw this....

Terms & Conditions

Offer ends 7/14/10. You must provide new DIRECTV customers with your DIRECTV account number. Referred customers must sign up for service & hardware. They must order their leased system by 7/14/10 & activate the CHOICE package or above; OPTIMO MÁS or above; Jadeworld; or any qualifying international service bundle, which shall include the PREFERRED CHOICE programming package, within 30 days with required programming agreement at time of activation. Programming and pricing subject to change at any time...............................

The bottom of the directv.com/refer page shows 7/21/10 as the end date.

Does anyone know........is the referral program changing??? Do they frequently "end" the program just to start it again with the same terms???

They've been extending it for years. The only change has been from $50 over 5 months to $100 over 10 months. It always has an expiration and always gets updated.

As for can you get $1100, I have no idea. But anyone lucky enough to get the first $900 it is probably not an issue for them.

Oh...ok.

By the way, if you are REFERRED by someone else when you sign up, can you still REFER 10 new customers......or only 9?

Of course you can refer 10 people.... when you signed up you were a referral for someone else, not yourself.
You get up to 10 referrals on your side of things.

Remember, when referring someone, make SURE they call the specific number as if you don't you wont get the referral.

Remember, when referring someone, make SURE they call the specific number as if you don't you wont get the referral.

From more than one posting around here, even if you DO call the specific number, you may not get the referral. I've seen more than one posting saying DTV told them after the fact that they had used the wrong number.

From more than one posting around here, even if you DO call the specific number, you may not get the referral. I've seen more than one posting saying DTV told them after the fact that they had used the wrong number.
Well you have to use the number that is on the website referral page.
1-800-507-4045

Give them your DIRECTV account number and tell them to order online at directv.com/refer or by calling 1-800-507-4045. They must have your DIRECTV account number when they order

Well you have to use the number that is on the website referral page.
1-800-507-4045

Give them your DIRECTV account number and tell them to order online at directv.com/refer or by calling 1-800-507-4045. They must have your DIRECTV account number when they order

I originally ordered online with the account number, but had to get it canceled and redone via phone. When I called I dialed 1-888-777-2454 and she pulled up my "referrers" account by their phone number and got the account number that way. My order confirmation shows referral on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)