It's 2014, is it safe to say we'll never get RSNs in full-time HD?

Chicago has been pretty good as well. I can't tell you the last time a Bulls game wasn't in HD on CSN or CSN+ - maybe in 2010? I believe a Hawks game was JIP about 15 minutes into the game when we played Colorado. And I can only recall one Cubs game that has been JIP recently, so overall the pro sports in Chicago have been very good. I don't follow the Sox so I can't speak for them.

I can count on one hand the number of times Pittsburgh games have been JIP. Usually when playing on the west coast in the later timeslot.

That's the part that stinks for all of you in the JIP zone. I don't have that problem as Boston teams are usually the first to go live, and it is a bigger market. Even though the latter argument isn't sound. After all, Detroit is a bigger market, and relatively close to Boston in the DMA ranks, yet I've heard of them getting JIP HD games.

Charlie must be a Sawx fan! ;)

Indeed. Never a JIP, virtually always in HD including at least 1/2 hour prior to the game, and at least 1/2 hour past the game for pre and post coverage. And that includes when they are on the road at whatever time the game is. Now I have to go Pawk the Ca because it's wicked hawd in the snow.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)