Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
My dearest friends,

I hope that you will comprehend where I am coming from here. I have been transferring all my DVD's onto my AZBox HDD. As I do so, I must stop and watch each movie to ensure that everything has been transferred properly.

I just happened to now be transferring the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed.

I wish to stop and chat about this movie for a moment because I love it so much.

Basically, I want to talk those of you who have never seen it into watching it and those of you who have seen it to watch it again.

This movie is so inspirational to me. It is a "TRUE" classic, although it was a near failure or a luke warm one at the box office. It has since become a Holiday Classic or traditional winter holiday movie. There is a very good reason for this. Your heart will understand the sentiment if you allow it to enter there.

"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

That is a quote from the movie, from the Angel, Clarence. Each one of you here on this forum are just as important as the characters in the movie. You are a critical link in someone else's life, even if that someone is not directly associated with you.

"Remember, no man is a failure who has friends".

Another quote from the movie. I guess I like the movie so much because Frank Capra put his heart into the thought of it, not just his wallet. The only way this movie will not register on your heart meter is if you are a cold and cynical person without a heart. You watch it a few times over and you will find that it tears at your heart strings and makes you believe again.

I just wish to urge you to revisit this one movie. There is a LOT to be learned from it.

RADAR

That is the one Blu-Ray that never seems to go on sale during the Holidays! It's always priced at or around $25, so I guess I'll have to stop being cheap and grab it next season. The set includes both the original B&W and the colorized versions, remastered in HD, on two separate discs. I already have the film on DVD, but a movie this important deserves the best HD transfer available!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts