Its been a while for me, some questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bltst2

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
It's been a while since I have frequented this forum and I wanted to get caught up in a hurry. Since reading all of the posts with information important to me is near impossible, I think I'll just post my questions/config...

I have a 3 LNB dish, DirecTivo (SD) connected to my Sony HDTV and 2 regular SD boxes to non-HD TVs.

I've been jonesing for HD on my HDTV for awhile now, but unable to pick up OTA HD no matter what I do...quite frustrating.

I'm also a severe hater of Comcast and would like to avoid using them if possible.

My requirements:

1. HD locals, not HDLite or any other junk (I'm in Philly suburb)
2. HD ESPN, HBO, TNT, etc...
3. HD DVR, dual tuner or whatever DirecTV homegrown box is these days
4. SD Tivo (using my current box) to one of my old TVs
5. Regular SD DirecTV to my third TV
6. Cost of less then $100/month

It has gotten to the point that DirecTV is no longer worth the savings in money, as the features available from DTV simply don't cut it. Can I get the above config from DTV for that price? If not, I fear I'm going to make a move to the darkside..

Any ideas?

bltst2 said:
It has gotten to the point that DirecTV is no longer worth the savings in money, as the features available from DTV simply don't cut it.

Seems you already have the answer you seek; right? Or did I misunderstand that statement?

charper1 said:
Seems you already have the answer you seek; right? Or did I misunderstand that statement?

I don't know...

It seems that way when I talk to friends that have Comcast..On Demand, HD Locals, HD Premium, HD DVR (which sucks, but it works) etc..etc..But maybe I'm missing somethng..

bltst2 said:
I'm also a severe hater of Comcast and would like to avoid using them if possible.

My requirements:

1. HD locals, not HDLite or any other junk (I'm in Philly suburb)
2. HD ESPN, HBO, TNT, etc...
3. HD DVR, dual tuner or whatever DirecTV homegrown box is these days
4. SD Tivo (using my current box) to one of my old TVs
5. Regular SD DirecTV to my third TV
6. Cost of less then $100/month

CYA! Looks like you'll have to hate those other guys for a while:hatsoff:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)