Its Coming... Nex XBOX in 27 Days will be announced!

Hopefully they don't pull Sony crap and just show a damn controller!

Hopefully they don't pull Sony crap and just show a damn controller!

If they do then they'll look like real idiots since M$ criticized Sony for doing that at their big reveal.

Like I said in the PS4 discussion... I don't care about the box just show me the games. This gen I was an Xbox supporter early and got a PS3 a few years ago. The 360 is a great machine with a much better user interface and better online features than the PS3 but the PS3 is killing it in exclusives. I loved Gears, Halo and Left 4 Dead but beyond those titles there wasn't really anything to keep me loyal to the Microsoft brand. To me Sony has the more compelling games and more of them. That is why I will have a PS4 at launch and most likely wait for a price drop on the next Xbox.

Game availability will determine if I try and hunt down a new Xbox to put under the tree this Xmas. I'll most likely wait until after the holiday rush.

I use my Xbox more for not playing games but for its media center apps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I don't even use mine for that since I have my PC hooked up to my tv, although it did prove handy this past Wrestlemania when the WWE's website couldn't handle all the streaming PPV traffic and I couldn't watch on the regular computer feed. It wasn't until I installed and launched the WWE app on the Xbox that I was able to watch anything.

I use my Xbox more for not playing games but for its media center apps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't even use mine for that since I have my PC hooked up to my tv, although it did prove handy this past Wrestlemania when the WWE's website couldn't handle all the streaming PPV traffic and I couldn't watch on the regular computer feed. It wasn't until I installed and launched the WWE app on the Xbox that I was able to watch anything.

I don't use mine for any media center stuff either. The reason I don't is because I am still running one of the original launch 20GB 360s. It sounds like a jet engine and sucks down much more power than the Apple TV or Roku. I use my PS3 slim for Blu-ray and occasional streaming but 99% of my streaming is on one of the dedicated streaming boxes.

Besides Blu-ray my gaming boxes are used for gaming. As much as I love the lossless HD surround sound on Blu-ray I have even found myself renting Blu-ray less and renting directly from iTunes or Amazon Instant more out of convenience.

I have about 9 games still shrink wrapped. Hope the new console is backwards compatible.
I'd be surprised if they did. I'm hoping for it but I wouldn't hold my breath for it. If they're going the Sony route and doing a completely different system architecture it'll be hard to implement that and they'll likely just expect people to hold on to their old consoles.

I thought I heard that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible. But you still have your 360 to play them on even if it isn't.

I thought I heard that the new Xbox will be backwards compatible. But you still have your 360 to play them on even if it isn't.

One of many rumors is that a second mini Xbox would power BC on Durango, or that Durango would also have 360 hardware. Absent that the architecture change will probably prevent backwards compatibility just as its doing so with the PS3 without an outside service or solution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

One of many rumors is that a second mini Xbox would power BC on Durango, or that Durango would also have 360 hardware. Absent that the architecture change will probably prevent backwards compatibility just as its doing so with the PS3 without an outside service or solution.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The XBOX 360 uses the API not direct access to the processor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)