It's Here, the new 722K! Unboxing Photos

Ironically I canceled my 722k order and ordered a TivoHD, so I'm actually going in the opposite direction.

I sat down and looked at the costs again, and buying the Tivo instead of the 722k gets me 5 tuners (2 OTA on Tivo + 722 OTA + 722 2SAT), and I get some additional functionality of the box. I like that I can use Tivo to stream Netflix content, and that Tivo lets you pull video off the box. (vs Dish's completely closed DVR) I already converted all of my DVDs to .m2ts files to stream to my PS3, so I figure using Tivo I can make my own archive of HD TV shows.
You can get a 722 Tivo? And you can get Dishnetwork service with a TIVO DVR?

Ironically I canceled my 722k order and ordered a TivoHD, so I'm actually going in the opposite direction.

I sat down and looked at the costs again, and buying the Tivo instead of the 722k gets me 5 tuners (2 OTA on Tivo + 722 OTA + 722 2SAT), and I get some additional functionality of the box. I like that I can use Tivo to stream Netflix content, and that Tivo lets you pull video off the box. (vs Dish's completely closed DVR) I already converted all of my DVDs to .m2ts files to stream to my PS3, so I figure using Tivo I can make my own archive of HD TV shows.

Yeah, Ive thought about it more and just dont see a reason to not use the TivoHD.

Its works flawlessly, great pq, and combined with the 722 I have now, gives me 3 OTA and 2 sat tuners, not bad. I also love how the tivo uses the external drive, and I have tons of space with the my dvr expander (Currently have 73 hours of OTA and 23 40-44 minute amazon tv shows on it with room to spare).

Both work fine, no reason to change to another box. Ill keep doing all my OTA on the tivo, all the sat on the 722, and any OTA overflow (thursday nights are rough!) on the 722.

Should have my 722k installed on Saturday. Cant wait.

Will be replacing my 501 with this.

I've almost bought a usb tv tuner so we can record but looks like this will be more than enough to cover that department, once we get the OTA module.

I got dish installed today and apparently I am one of the first new subs in my area that got the 722k. My installer said it was the first time he had installed it.
So far it has been good but I haven't hooked up my OTA stuff yet. I do love the new remotes.

hello everyone.
i have a question, what is a ota tuner modual?
and how do you use it?

i have a 722k it came with it but i have no idea as to how to hook it up and use it.
is it used with an antenna or something?

thanks

The OTA (OverTheAir) module requires an OTA antenna. Depending on where you live, it may be something as simple as a VHF/UHF indoor antenna, or outdoor antenna.

It's great to be able to record 4 things at once and OTA provides a good backup if the sat goes out in heavy rain storm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)