Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Last night I was getting ready to watch a hockey game and my wife was going to go into our bedroom to watch TV (she's not a hockey fan). I told her that E* apparently settled with Fox and those stations are coming back on. No MSG yes, but it will probably happen soon.

She said, "I have to say... other than having to learn new channel numbers, I like DirecTV better than Dish. I can record wherever I want and watch wherever I want. And the picture looks better on almost every station. Quicktune is nice, you use TV Apps for finding your games, Scott can watch his recorded stuff in his room from his computer.... how cool is that? I'm glad we switched and frankly, I didn't think I would be."

WOO-HOO!
ALWAYS good when it passes the wife test. :)

Directv is a good provider. My father in law took Dish 24 months ago to save money (had Direct for 10+ years before that), and I told him he'd miss Directv. Needless to say, as soon as the contract was up, he had Directv installed last week. Two HR24's and MRV (my recommendation), and he is happy again.

My wife is happy also since we made the switch... It is nice to go to an HD channel and the video is actually there without having to reboot my RCVR like what I had to do with E*. Guess D* could come up with a slogan "Husband Tested and Wife Approved... CC

glad to hear it :)

I'm trying to convince my dad to switch to D* to save some money

For what it's worth, and I know this varies depending on what programming package you get, etc...

I'm saving $400 the first year and saving about $3 a month the second year. So.... $436 over 2 years is pretty significant. Went from a VIP622 and VIP612 to a pair of HR24s and from AT250 to Choice Ultimate. No premiums on either but getting Showtime and Starz for 3 months free and also getting teh HD extra pack free.

LOL now that is so true... Although my livingroom is small all I have is just a BOSE 321 system it still gets her fired up....... CC

We have a unique situation. Had to buy not lease equipment(only had prepaid card not tied to bank account). So we're only able to get 2 receivers until the equipment is installed. THEN we can get a 3rd receiver. So for a little bit we'll have one of the TV's without directv. But we do have cable for that little bit with for the 3rd TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts