It's official ECW is BACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the one night stand is any indication the ECW will be close to the old deal. I am sure Vince will not let some of the old aerial moves come back though because of injury risk. so we may not be able to yell "holy sh*t" as often.

Based on Rey vs. RVD and Sabu vs. Cena last night, I'd have to say that vince has eased up on restrictions...Edge damn near broke his back though, he shouldn't be a part of this at all, and last night was the proof...

That spot with Edge looked like a missed spot to me. That was a pretty sick looking bump. I TIVO'd it and I think he was supposed to hit the table. I was surprised that the ref didn't give the sign for EMS.

Oh it was all edge's fault, which is why I feel he shouldn't be in this. He was pretty much carried through those TLC matches years ago, only hitting a few of the safer spots. I'm shocked he didn't hurt himself based on how he landed. Could have easily damaged some vertebrae and he may have and just doesn't know it yet...

And he had a couplde of vertbrae fused a coulpe years ago so he's very lucky if he didn't reinjure that.

Like I said, he may have. It's not always suddenly obvious, he may realize a week from now that he can't get out of bed. Really sick bump. Hope he's not being pressured into a big spot because that tag team match on paper is awfully tame and shouldn't be the main event, which I don't think it is thankfully...

god I hope Funk & Cactus are going to kill each other...they need to make this an old school ECW brawl...but they won't :(

I was uncomfortable watching funk get his ass beat at Barely legal...9 YEARS AGO. He was old as dirt then. He's going to hit a moonsault one day and just break every bone in his body...You'll see a dust cloud puff up and you'll know what it is.

The guy's only retired about 100 times...Foley is the one i'm most worried about. He's out of shape even for him. The thumbtacks spot is kind of lame anymore. He can't top hell in a cell to american fans and he can't top any of the deathmatch stuff he did (again, with funk...he mentioned it on the special...) either. At some point his wife has got to step in there...Mick as a heel just doesn't work either...

I hate to say it, but yes I watched it on Sci-Fi

I almost wanted to cry..then shoot my TV. I honestly don’t know what to think of that crap I watched last night.

The Zombie? WTF was that?
Sandman not coming out to “Enter Sandman” was lame (I know he can’t)
Justin Credible becoming a jobber to Angle
The chick who did the striptease…she’s an “exhibitionist” and yet you can’t undo your damn bra?
Balls Mahoney getting his ass kicked by a chair shot?
The battle royal was a WWE “hardcore” version.
3 commercial breaks during the “main event”?

I hate to say it, but on the 24th (and again July 4th) the ECW arena will start a riot if they get crap like this.

Iceberg said:
I hate to say it, but yes I watched it on Sci-Fi

I almost wanted to cry..then shoot my TV. I honestly don’t know what to think of that crap I watched last night.

The Zombie? WTF was that?
Sandman not coming out to “Enter Sandman” was lame (I know he can’t)
Justin Credible becoming a jobber to Angle
The chick who did the striptease…she’s an “exhibitionist” and yet you can’t undo your damn bra?
Balls Mahoney getting his ass kicked by a chair shot?
The battle royal was a WWE “hardcore” version.
3 commercial breaks during the “main event”?

I hate to say it, but on the 24th (and again July 4th) the ECW arena will start a riot if they get crap like this.

I completly agree with you iceberg, the zombie thing was very dumb. I was talking to one of my friends about it who wrestles with Mickey Whipwreck and he said it was supposed to be an alien(not that thats any better) but scifi said no. the match were too short as well, sandman was like 30seconds a min tops.

Couldnt stop laughing at the girl first trying to undo it one handed then with both hands, maybe they crazy glued the clasps on the bra who knows. I thought it was a waste.

The main event i thought was sooooo bad for a ecw anything goes match, to have the big show, eliminate everyone one except sabu was pretty lame in my opion. And there wasnt that much hardcore stuff, a street sign was the only thing I remember seeing.

I haven't watched all of it yet, but I thought the zombie thing was funny...when he got on the mic and went GRRRWWWAAARRRR, I almost died...

Justin Credible i'm the most diappointed in. When WWE got him back they turned him back into aldo montoya, just without the jock strap on his head. That guy tore up ECW with jerry lynn back in the late 90's...

Vince could pay to license enter sandman if he wanted to. They license those gay songs for every ppv and motorhead songs for hhh, they could do it if they wanted. Or at least give him some kind of decent song to come out to. That crap he's got now is just awful...

2.7 rating, we'll see how far it drops next week and see where they go. Week 4 will be where I make a decision on it. You have to remember this was taped before smackdown. When these people bought tickets, it was just smackdown and velocity tapings, they had no idea ECW would be there and they aren't ECW fans.

I was talking to one of my friends about it who wrestles with Mickey Whipwreck and he said it was supposed to be an alien(not that thats any better) but scifi said no. the match were too short as well, sandman was like 30seconds a min tops
yeah I heard about the alien too.

Sandman is only good for a 2 minute match tops.

I agree purogamer. I was PO'd that Justin Credible is a jobber. Cripes, they could have had Danny Doring do the job (Was Donn E Allen & El Puerto Ricano not available to do the job) :D

I think a lot of the "sci fi wants this and that" stuff is pure BS based on TNN wanting ecw and tna to do things, and I think paul is having fun with those rumors. He even said sci-fi hasn't asked for these characters...

I'm wondering where a lot of the signed talent is. I haven't seen francine yet, and we can't count on beulah to be around very often since she's got that sopranos money coming in now...

Sandman has put on some good matches, just needs the right opponent...and a ladder...

I'll have to finish watching the show sometime today...

Here are my rankings:
#1: WWE RAW "DX Baby!!!!"
#2: TNA Wrestling "TNA has a way better hour than ECW"
#3: WWE Smackdown! "When Batista comes back it will be #2"
#4: WWE ECW- "I don't think it would go to #1"

Last edited:
My wrestling fan days are pretty much behind me. No circuit has appealed to me ina long time. And a Vince Mcmahon run ECW makes no sense to me. It worked as arebellion against the perceived wrestling establishment. Now the establishment is running it.

http://www.ringsidemayhem.com/newsarticle.php?page=152750699

SANDMAN TALKS ABOUT ECW'S FUTURE, HIS WWE CONTRACT, THE ZOMBIE AND MORE
by Ringside Mayhem @ 3:36:00 PM on 6/19/2006

The Sandman recently had the opportunity to take some time off his busy scheduled to speak with www.RingsideMAYHEM.com, below is the full interview:

Andy Steven: Firstly I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview for www.RingsideMAYHEM.com. How different is the atmosphere backstage in WWE/ECW than the old ECW days?

The Sandman: Right now it’s a lot different just because we haven’t traveled up and down the road together to get that family bond. But give us sometime and we will get there it will be the same.

Andy Steven: What can we expect from The Sandman in ECW?

The Sandman: I have no idea yet what to expect.

Andy Steven: How long is ECW planned to run for?

The Sandman: I have no idea all I know is I have been signed for a year.

Andy Steven: Who would you like to see back in ECW?

The Sandman: Raven, Rhyno, The Dudleys, Bam Bam Bigelow.

Andy Steven: If were given the opportunity to bring a WWE RAW or SmackDown superstar over to ECW, who would it be and why?

The Sandman: Rey Mysterio because he was one of the originals and his style matches ECW’s style.

Andy Steven: What is your thought’s on ECW One Night Stand and the debut of ECW on Sci Fi? Is there anything you would have improved if you could? Would you off taken anything off?

The Sandman: I enjoyed my segment with the Zombie, at first it was going to be a Martian but Sci-Fi didn’t like our idea of a Martian, then it was going to be a cook to spoof the Food Network then they went with the Zombie. As far as the rest of the show I really don’t know I didn’t get to see it.

Andy Steven: Is The Sandman going to hunt for the ECW Championship? When will we see the ECW Championship belt on you?

The Sandman: I have no idea at this point I am fine right now with my position on the roster and what the have in mind for me.

Andy Steven: How much WWE creative impact is going into ECW? Are the wrestlers getting their say?

The Sandman: I don’t know how much input the WWE is having or Paul or anything like that. We are getting to put in our ideas and things, yes.

Andy Steven: Where is New Jack? Do you see him making an ECW return?

The Sandman: I don’t know where he is and I think maybe he will be coming, I really don’t know.

Andy Steven: How are the WWE superstars treating the ECW wrestlers?

The Sandman: They are treating us with respect and I haven’t seen any egos. Actually The Big Show has been a big help to me backstage and Kurt has taught me so much that I will never be able to pay him back for all he has done for me.

Andy Steven: What was your thought’s when you were told you had to beat a Zombie up on ECW’s debut on Sci Fi? Who is the Zombie? What is planned for him?

The Sandman: I was fine with it, like I said it was going to be a Martian. He wrestles in Puerto Rico and the Indy’s. As far as what they have planned for him I hope they use him, he is a good guy. but I don’t know what they intend to do with him.

Andy Steven: I would like to thank you very much once again for taking this time to take part in this interview for www.RingsideMAYHEM.com, I wish you the best of luck in the future and my last question is if you could jump to WWE RAW or SmackDown brand would you?

The Sandman: No problem, thanks check out my website (www.TheExtremeIcon.com). Between RAW & SmackDown; wherever they want to put me.

well last nights show was a little better

but "Macho Libre?" (think a cross between the character in Nacho libre who does a Macho Man promo gimmick)

That was a stupid worthless bit. Seeing the alien on RAW the night before was quick chuckle though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)