Status
Not open for further replies.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
writers guild websites report over 92 percent of striking voters have cast yes votes to end the strike. as i posted a few minutes ago, reports indicate some shows could be back by early to mid-march.

can i just say YAY!

Here is a couple pertinent excerpts from the article I posted:

Under a tentative contract approved Sunday by the union's board of directors, writers would get a maximum flat fee of about $1,200 for streamed programs in the deal's first two years and then get 2 percent of a distributor's gross in year three.

The strike's end will allow many hit series to return this spring for what's left of the current season, airing anywhere from four to seven new episodes. Shows with marginal audience numbers may not return until fall or could be canceled.

The combined New York-Beverly Hills count was overwhelmingly in favor of ending the strike: 3,492 voted yes, with only 283 voting to stay off the job.

The latest strike began November 5, and formal negotiations broke off December 7 after the guild pushed to unionize writers on reality and animated productions.

The strike took a $3.2 billion toll in direct and indirect costs on the economy of Los Angeles County, the home of most of the nation's TV and film production, according to a new estimate from Jack Kyser, chief economist for the Los Angeles Economic Development Corp.

This now concludes our Deal or No Deal marathon. We now return you to your regularly scheduled scripted programming.

writers guild websites report over 92 percent of striking voters have cast yes votes to end the strike. as i posted a few minutes ago, reports indicate some shows could be back by early to mid-march.

can i just say YAY!

It was gone? Huh, I'll be danged. :confused::)

cbs posted return dates for 14 of its shows today and abc is about to announce their spring schedule.

new saturday night live 2/23 with guest host tina fey!! :D

Funny, months ago they said that all of 2008 was in jeapordy. Im surprised they can get the shows written and shot so fast.

cbs posted return dates for 14 of its shows today and abc is about to announce their spring schedule.

new saturday night live 2/23 with guest host tina fey!! :D

I'm sure Alec Baldwin will make a cameo too then.....

I'm waiting for the Eli Manning hosting gig. Peyton was a trip, but Eli can shed that wooden persona when he needs to (he was funny on Letterman).

Tina Fey beolongs on SNL. Look for her to pop in on Weekend Update with Amy and comment on Britney.....

Funny, months ago they said that all of 2008 was in jeapordy. Im surprised they can get the shows written and shot so fast.

Nobody said the writers couldn't WRITE during the strike. They just couldn't submit or sell their stuff. I bet the rest of the season is written and waiting.

I would imagine that the crews and actors are chomping at the bit to get started.

i fully expect to see a tina cameo on weekend update. and i wouldn't be shocked if alec did a cameo during tina's monolouge!

Jayn is correct. As I said in another tread top shows are going into a 6 day work week to get as many as possible done.

judging from what i read at tvguide.com this morning, looks like nbc has announced some return dates for their shows as well. nothing definitive for any of the law and orders but i recall seeing 30 rock will be back april 10 with 5 episodes.

the post strike list at tvguide.com is changing regularly so visit often.

Nobody said the writers couldn't WRITE during the strike. They just couldn't submit or sell their stuff. I bet the rest of the season is written and waiting.

I would imagine that the crews and actors are chomping at the bit to get started.

They were technically forbidden from doing this kind of thing, but given their lack of work, I'm sure a bunch ignored this one like the 55 MPH sign on the side of the highway.....

I'm still wondering which one of the fall series will be coming back.... I liked Journeyman and The Big Bang Theory from the freshmen shows. Bionic Woman will probably be cancelled. There were severe problems with the show, but I was hoping they would be given a chance to work them out.

Bob M
Technically is an open subject. They could "quickly finish" some thing they started before the strike, if any body was "sure" at what point they stopped writing the script before the strike. The day after the last WGA strike ended I got at least 5 scripts on each of the 10 shows I was in charge of as Sr. VP Production.

To my knowledge the guild never questioned any body about this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.