It's Wed the 19th - any word on TNT HD ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
I know it will launch on Dish, the part I have not mentioned is how they will announce the addition, as I guess there they are still trying to figure out who will make the announcement. From what I know it will be announced Friday Morning at Team Summit at the HD Summit.

I always said that YES Network was a rumor.

Notice how I have NOT said TNT-HD is a rumor? :D
all we needed was the right bait :p

It appears that this was due to the recent TW negotiations. As such, I was wondering if there's any more info on the rumored Dish-Rainbow negotiations?

Another couipla HD's in the HD Pack, in addition to TNT, would really go a long way in restoring Dish's image, especially in association with the recent Sirius channels.

peallen said:
Unlike YES atleast this channel is already up and some people have seen some information being broadcast.

Well...actually....

Yes was uplinked to channel 411 when the service first went on the air. Eventually it was replaced by Fox Sports West 2.

See ya
Tony

Well for anyone who watched the game tonight, there was a commercial for the Western Conference Finals and at the bottom was a small graphic that said

"presented in Hi-Definition"

someone make me rest easy and tell me IF and WHEN this channel will be up and running on DISH ??? Will it be included for those subsribing to the HD PACK?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hang on Walt. :)

I know something but don't want to say it yet as I don't want to jinx anything. :)

I believe it is VERY safe to say you should be enjoying Fridays NBA game on channel 9420. :D
Argggghh! He speaks in riddles.

protoboard said:
In addition, TNT in HD will present all of its programming, including promotional content and commercials, in 16:9 wide-screen, giving viewers a consistent viewing experience.

Well they like to follow ESPNs lead, The espn folks will love that ;)

hpman247 said:
This is sooo awesome. I love TNT. Now I just have to talk my mom into getting me my Sony Kp51WS510 and an 811. Ohh I can't wait.

I have this set and it is very nice. I can't wait for the finals. Especially since dish is getting TNT HD.

A poster at DBSTalk who indicated they are a Dish employee said that "TNT-HD will go live tomorrow 5/21 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Dish channel 9420"

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
A poster at DBSTalk who indicated they are a Dish employee said that "TNT-HD will go live tomorrow 5/21 at 5:00 PM Eastern Time on Dish channel 9420"

NightRyder

TNT-HD will also start at 9:00 am Tomorrow on Voom. Channel 521.

Called Dish. TNT-HD Tomorrow @ 5:00pm

Much to my surprise the CSR came right out and told me this when I called 5 minutes ago. It will be included in the HD pack @ no additional cost.

If the CSR's are blabbing about it, guess it must be true.

Has anyone heard about D* adding it?

I have to say this is the most exciting news I have had since I subscribed to Dish and I feel somewhat justified in my recent decision to go with them.

Whether or not this actually turns out to be a great source for HD content is almost beside the point. Dish is on the ball with regard to getting their hands on new legit channels to grow their customer base and satisfy current customers.

Ahh... It’s a good time to be a Potato :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)