I've Got To Ask Myself A Question....Do I Feel Lucky.

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
"Well Do Ya Punk"? After reading a lot of threads here, YES I DO!
I've had my HWS/Joey for almost 2 weeks and everything works. 2 EHD's work, OTA module works, Caller I.D. works, all apps work, DISH On Demand works, Android app works – EVERYTHING WORKS! It's not 100% perfect but everything works like it should. Only 2 little glitches that don't really matter. One is when I transfer a show from either EHD to the HWS the icon picture is wrong. So I'm just going to leave everything on the EHD's. One other thing that doesn't work is I can't play recordings from the EHD on the Joey if they were originally recorded from a channel I don't subscribe to any more. They play fine on the HWS, just not on the Joey. Not a big deal but I would like that fixed. Other than that I'm totally satisfied with my decision to upgrade to Hopper. :happyd2:

"Well Do Ya Punk"? After reading a lot of threads here, YES I DO!
I've had my HWS/Joey for almost 2 weeks and everything works. 2 EHD's work, OTA module works, Caller I.D. works, all apps work, DISH On Demand works, Android app works – EVERYTHING WORKS! It's not 100% perfect but everything works like it should. Only 2 little glitches that don't really matter. One is when I transfer a show from either EHD to the HWS the icon picture is wrong. So I'm just going to leave everything on the EHD's. One other thing that doesn't work is I can't play recordings from the EHD on the Joey if they were originally recorded from a channel I don't subscribe to any more. They play fine on the HWS, just not on the Joey. Not a big deal but I would like that fixed. Other than that I'm totally satisfied with my decision to upgrade to Hopper. :happyd2:

In my case my general feeling is the same....after the initial "break-in" period. I really don't have anything to complain about. I've had about 10 days of use, I do have some minor nuisances ..... EHD disappearing (reboot fixed)... OTA channels go blank (reboot brings 'em back). WIFI disconnects (reset network fixed) while these are issues I would rather not have to deal with, the basic reason for all of this --- watching and recording Satellite TV is going well for me.

As brought up in another thread,
99% of the other customers out there don't use external drives, or are NOT familiar enough with the equipment to realize that there is even a problem at all and that Dish has a history of writing buggy software
I was almost scared off from upgrading, after reading all the horror stories:popcorn from other users. I do feel more informed by my reading and learning from other users on SatelliteGuys My overall experience has been a good one.....:)

Steve

As brought up in another thread, I was almost scared off from upgrading, after reading all the horror stories:popcorn from other users. I do feel more informed by my reading and learning from other users on SatelliteGuys My overall experience has been a good one.....:)

Steve

More drama than actual horror stories.

Some posters on the board have this paranoia that Charlie is actually writing the code for the software for their Hopper systems, conducting contract negotiations all by himself, deciding which subscribers get the best upgrade pricing, picking and choosing what market to black out randomly and plotting world domination by using the wireless spectrum he purchases....

Or he could be like every other CEO and have no clue on the day to day operations and gets briefed by his executives on the major goings on....

Hopper is a great DVR, my view best out right now and I think the future is bright for growth!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)