J.J Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII

Wow, I don't know what to think about this. Hope it doesn't turn out like Lost, then I won't know whether they are dead, alive, coming, going, or dreaming.

A very good choice. If any director is able to capture the "star wars magic" of the original trilogy...its definetely JJ.
@ Mike: Time travel was always part of Star Trek from the original series to Voyager so it was fair game IMO for the alternate universe. Star Wars never had it...

Ramy: According to Disney, Vader is in it which makes sense since he is the most marketable character in the saga. In the earlier SW drafts... a Jedi was resurrected by the force...

Cheers, K

A very good choice. If any director is able to capture the "star wars magic" of the original trilogy...its definetely JJ.
@ Mike: Time travel was always part of Star Trek from the original series to Voyager so it was fair game IMO for the alternate universe. Star Wars never had it...

Ramy: According to Disney, Vader is in it which makes sense since he is the most marketable character in the saga. In the earlier SW drafts... a Jedi was resurrected by the force...

Cheers, K

Disney never said Vader was going to be in it. I hope he isn't.

Ugh. He screwed up the Star Trek franchise. I'd hate to see him screw up the Star Wars franchise. Why do they need a 7th movie?

Ugh. He screwed up the Star Trek franchise. I'd hate to see him screw up the Star Wars franchise. Why do they need a 7th movie?

I thought he did ok with the Star Trek but we will have to see how good the second one turns out to be.

Now that we know that, be on the lookout for...

" Three people needed to shine Zenon flashlights at camera lenses under direction of cinematographer. "

One thing we can now count on with SW7 is LENS FLARES.

Well I prefer to get more movies. It is not a very hard bar to do better than 1-3. We may never see better than 4-6 (well 4&5 Ewoks were the beginning of the downfall).

So in this new story JJ will send the Millennium Falcon back through a wormhole while being chanced by the Death Star (mark 3), When they come out, they will be at "episode 4" time where the Death Star (that now uses red matter) blows up Tatooine before Luke gets off the rock creating a whole new timeline so JJ is no longer encumbered by the 37 years of canon in the "other universe". But that's okay, The other universe is untouched and can live on. Just all new movies will be in the new alternate universe so the "old" Star Wars fans have nothing to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)