Jean Stapleton, TV's Edith Bunker, dies at 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met her a few years ago... Maybe 8 years or so ago. She was doing a play at the Hartford Stage Company which was across the street from my work. I happened to go to lunch and while walking back to my office noticed her sitting outside smoking.

She was a nice lady but after I talked to her I felt bad as I was an idiot. I asked her why they never did an All In The Family Reunion show, and she looked at me square in the eyes saying, oh no they couldn't have done that as I died on the show.

As I said I felt like an idiot.

RIP, and tell Archie to get his own beer. :)

A follow up to the story I posted above, as I said over the years after talking to her in my heart I felt like a fool for asking her my question not remembering she died on the show. :( But this morning on the today show they had a taped interview with her where she said basically "A lot of people come up to me and talk about the show and forget that my character died, its good to know that I still live on in many peoples hearts. Edit Bunker will live for ever!"

That made me feel SO MUCH better! I know many people asked her the same question I did... but for me it made me feel bad up until now.

RIP Jean

RIP A wonderful actress in all characters she potrayed. (but really Edith will live on in my heart :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)