Jeep Liberty = P.O.S!! Mini-rant ahead..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't paid for and/or I didn't get laid off recently, I'd get rid of it, too. The way things have played out with this automobile, it's almost like I'm on an extended episode of "Vehicle Candid Camera" i.e.; the 80,000 mile mark is when EVERYTHING I've had to fix has happened, I kid you not. How convenient for them. This must be how Chrysler is going to get out of that financial hole they're in. Rear wiper motor has been dead for 2 years and I refuse to fix it, half-way bum CD player, seat ajustment handle broken, 4 sensors and 2 vacuum hoses in 6 months. Now, the new problem will cost right at $500.00 to replace 4, yes 4, O2 sensors. I priced AutoZone, too, and they can only save me $150.00, plus I'd then have to do it myself...(Think of a 5 year old hooking up a high-end home-theater system. That's the equivalent, here)...Then the guy looks at me and says,"I hope this'll fix her up!" "If not, you're looking at the Cat. Converter...and it ain't cheap..huh-huh." Oh, gee thanks, Goober! :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad: PS- and everyone laughed at me for buying a F-150 calling it Found On Road Dead, yet in the 7 years I've owned it, it has been the BEST vehicle I've owned in my life.

I'm on my 3rd F-150 after owning GM Products for 25 years(still have my 79 GMC) 1st F-150 was 99 that I traded to my Brother, 2nd was an 04 that was totaled last April (figures as it would be paid off now) 3rd is an 08...(my brothers truck needs a ring gear, but other than that no problems)

Glad to hear you've had good luck. :up For the record, I don't expect things to NOT go wrong on an automobile. I know they do. It's the timing as well as the nature of the problems that concerns me with this Liberty. My step-dad's mom has a diesel Liberty and her's is starting to malfunction the EXACT same way as mine (wife's) started and it's the same year and engine size...just a diesel version. She may have already sold it after I told her what we've faced with ours. Thanks for sharing, dfergie! :)

Only reason I went to Ford was GM trucks at that time were $3,000 more for the same truck, last Chevy Truck I had was a 92 (had no problems with it) and I love my 79(I can work on it ;)) My Cousin's Liberty if I remember right had sensor problems also...

Only reason I went to Ford was GM trucks at that time were $3,000 more for the same truck, last Chevy Truck I had was a 92 (had no problems with it) and I love my 79(I can work on it ;)) My Cousin's Liberty if I remember right had sensor problems also...
Yeah, Chevy was my second choice for a truck and me choosing Ford came down to cost alone. I know quite a few proud and happy Chevy owners.

Count me as one. I'm on my 5th P/U. The 4th was a '95 S-10 with 185K on the clock before it was totaled. I was sure I would get 200K+, but it was showing some serious rust. Only issues with that one was it loved to gobble-up ball joints (underdesigned) and...4 O2 sensors over time! (2 were replaced under warranty, 2 came out of my pocket). Most of the rest was normal wear-and-tear. Hoping my '03 Silverado (bought in '07 with ~35K on it) has a similar long life, but that one won't be driven nearly as much which is actually a bad thing...

I know of quite a few people that got a lot of miles out of their S-10's and ford rangers along with some of the F-150's. I have an F-150 and love it. I like the styling of the Fords better than I do the Chevy's.

Knock wood... no troubles with my '05 liberty ever.
I hope you never do, my friend! Mine (wife's) is an '03 and we bought it brand new. Liberty's came out in '02 and maybe it's just issues with the first few years' models. It seems in some cases, to take a few years to work out all the kinks on some of these new cars. (I made the mistake of buying a Saturn the first year they came out after I graduated HS and I'll spare y'all the dramatics. Needless to say that was the last Saturn I'll ever own.) I know the '08 Liberty was a complete redesign, so maybe they got their s**t together. Good thing, too. I and a ton of others (by my estimation, according to a few Jeep forums) are ready to go all Chuck Norris on somebody's ass over these crappers. :D:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)