Jerky Dish HD Especially TNDHD

Offroad

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2004
Frequently I have had the HD video on my 811 almost freeze and move ahead in jerks while the audio continues on.

I'm not sure I have ever seen it on ESPNHD or HDMV but do get it on Discovery HD and TNDHD. If you channel up to another channel then back again the problem normally clears up.

I have tried to record some movies lately on TNTHD and its hard to get through two hours without this occuring. This is even after a complete power off to get a fresh boot shortly before the show I want comes on.

Also have sometimes when the video breaks up and gets real blocky for a bit but this always cures itself in a second or so.

I'm watching HD via a DVI cable to my Sony RP CRT 57" set. The 811 is on 2.80, If I go and do a switch check it always passes and usually the 110 satellite will show 90+ and the 119 above 100 for signal strength depending on which transponder is selected.

There is a straight run from the Dish 500 to the 811 that is probably about 65-75ft long.

Any ideas?

I had the exact same problem and did a "check switch" and found that the "Dish Network Legacy Dual LNB" mounted on the Dish 300 dish for the 148 satellite position was defective. Even though TNT HD isn't on the 148 satellite the defective LNB was interfering with the LNB on the Dish 500 that does receive it. I replaced the LNB and did another "check switch" and everything is perfect.

Good Luck

Regards

I also have the same problem. I did not get the problem until the last software update. I also get the same problem with HD OTA. SD seems fine.

If I change to a different channel the problem fixes it's self.

The problem was real bad with OTA HD watching the Cowboy game. I had to do a hard boot

Yep, same problem here.TNT-HD is the worst for this problem but I have also seen it on DISC-HD. Changing the channel or quick power off temporarily fixes it. I have never seen this problem on the other HD channels.

NightRyder

I Have Had My 811 For About One Month Now And Seem To Have The Same Problems As Offroad. I Have Dish Pro Lnb's Which Were Installed When The 811 Was Put In. Have Tried Several Resets And Nothing Has Helped.

I believe the problem is due to E* putting 3 HD channels on one transponder. Do a search of Satelliteguys and AVS forum and you will see a lot of discussion of this issue.

jerky picture

I think this has to be more than 3 channels per transponder, because it does it to me and I only have OTA HD, like everyone else changing the channel seems to cure it for the time being.undefined

sirlurkalot said:
add another...

This HAS to be the software in the unit.... expect another "update" :rolleyes: any day now... or month.... or year.... etc etc...

Hmm...I wonder what obscure unknown bugs they'll fix this time? :rolleyes:

NightRyder

I think this has to be more than 3 channels per transponder, because it does it to me and I only have OTA HD, like everyone else changing the channel seems to cure it for the time being.undefined

The topic of this thread is "Jerky Dish HD, Especially TNTHD", not OTA HD. I see the jerky actions described by the thread originator on TNT-HD and Discovery HD. They started in late July, when Dish moved the HD channels to 3 per transponder in preparation for Olympic coverage. It does not occur on any of the 5 DTV channels on which I receive HD programming. I contend it is not a Dish 811 receiver problem and won't be fixed by any future software revisions unless those revisions are coincident with Dish fixing their HD transponder problems.

NightRyder said:
Has anyone with a 921 or 6000 seen this problem?
Yes, but only on my 811 and mostly on TNTHD. HDNet & HDNet Movies are trouble-free, except for a small "tear" that I get when I press the "info" button on my remote.

Now, to be fair, there is a SW21 on the line to the 811 and the 6000 connects directly to the Legacy Twin, and per a previous post, this may be a contributing factor. But, the fact is, when TNTHD started, I had no problem with the video freeze-framing (new verb?). Makes it hard to enjoy our local NASCAR hero Ryan winning his races...

Guess I should have phrased my question better :eek:

Try again:

Has anyone experienced the freeze frame/stop motion problems while watching TNT-HD on a 921 or 6000?

Foxbat, I assume from your answer that your 6000 doesn't exhibit this annoying behavior.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Foxbat, I assume from your answer that your 6000 doesn't exhibit this annoying behavior.
NightRyder,
Correct. The 6000 has its own set of unique annoyances, but so far, jerky video on TNTHD hasn't been one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts