Jerry Remy to take an indefinite leave of absense following cancer surgery

He was major smoker and gave it up last year .If you go to the games you could see him smoking in the booth. And Lung Cancer. I'm glad I never picked up that habit. Lots of ballplayers smoked back then. I have a commercial with Carlton Fisk for chewing tobacco back in 1978 or so. Just ban Tobacco already !!!!!!

I was going to create a list of the worst announcing teams in baseball and the Sox would have been in my top 5. Glad I did not do that. The timing could not have been worse.

Even though I have criticized the Sox announcing team and Jerry in the past, I do want to wish Jerry the best and pray for a full and speedy recovery. I never want to see any go through this horrible disease.

Prayers for him, his family, his friends, and the entire Sox nation and team.

Just goes to show you that even if you're an athlete you don't always do the right thing for your body. Jerry smoked when he played ball. Carl Yastrzemski smoked during games. They still have players that use chewing tobacco . Disgusting.

What terrible news! :(

Get well soon Rem Dawg!!! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Red Sox Nation won't be the same until you return!

Jerry Remy takes leave to recover from cancer surgery - Boston Red Sox - NESN.com

Bill, the good thing is that hes ok and he recovering. Your right the Red Sox games wont be the same until he comes back. I like Jerry Remy because he's a true Red Sox fan. He's not a guy that the Red Sox just hired to do games.

Get well, Rem Dawg!!!

Bill, the good thing is that hes ok and he recovering. Your right the Red Sox games wont be the same until he comes back. I like Jerry Remy because he's a true Red Sox fan. He's not a guy that the Red Sox just hired to do games.

Get well, Rem Dawg!!!

Right on, buddy! :) :up

May the Good Lord watch over and keep Jerry with us. As Scully is to the Dodgers, Jerry is to the Red Sox. My heart is heavy tonight in far flung Southern California. When I first got Extra Innings I learned of his unique passion and style calling the games. I miss him and want him back tomorrow.:heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts