Jesse Jackson invokes slavery in slamming Dish's decision to stop carrying WGN America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MitchDeerfield

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2016
Florida
The Rev. Jesse Jackson invoked slavery in condemning Dish's decision to stop carrying WGN America, which is home to the critically acclaimed "Underground," over retransmission fees.

"Is Dish using the same kind of math with ratings that the old south employed when enacting laws that counted African-Americans as three-fifths of a man?" wrote Jackson in a letter released by his Rainbow Push Coalition.

"Underground" chronicles the story of the Underground Railroad that helped many African-Americans escape the South, one that Jackson calls "inspiring" and in need of retelling.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...on-slams-dish-wgn-america-20160628-story.html

Rev. Jackson likely just finished cashing a fat check from the Tribune Company, and is just holding up his side of the bargain. Jesse doesn't do anything unless there is some green stuff involved.

I like how Jesse Jackson is playing this as Dish is racist, because they are in a negotiation, however these negotiations are common across all the channels, and there has been ZERO indicators that this is race related at all..... And that is why we are in the position we are in...because of people like this scumbag.

I like how Jesse Jackson is playing this as Dish is racist, because they are in a negotiation, however these negotiations are common across all the channels, and there has been ZERO indicators that this is race related at all..... And that is why we are in the position we are in...because of people like this scumbag.
Well NFL Channel is gone too, That's extremely Racist.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: yomama and pattykay

I honestly think that if Dish would write a check to Jackson matching what Tribune contributed, his vocal protests would end that day.

If this is the case ???

"Underground" chronicles the story of the Underground Railroad that helped many African-Americans escape the South, one that Jackson calls "inspiring" and in need of retelling.

Shouldn't JJ be admonishing those responsible for not putting this content on YouTube and other free media so the masses can see this requisite material?

Reactions: osu1991
I started a thread about this in the Pit(you have to go back three pages, it's there), because I thought that it would be too hot to handle discussing it here.

Reactions: Tampa8
And because of the political nature of this subject I am closing it (and removed a number of political posts). But you are free to continue discussion of it in the pit. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)