Jittery Transponders

skytiger

Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
arizona
I have no signal on my odd-numbered transponders for sat 119w. Have been trying to track down the problem for some time now. I presume the 13v is not getting to the LNB from the receiver. Have replaced LNB, looked for possible tears in the cables and have checked for open or shorted cable connectors. Nada. I have a single LNB with dual outputs for dual mode.

Recently I noticed that if I toggle quickly between tuner input 1 and tuner input 2 while I have an odd-numbered transponder up on the dish pointer page, I will get a strong signal on the odd-numbered transponder for about five seconds then it goes back to zero. Also, on occasion, the signal on the even numbered transponders will surge all green and become stuck on 125.

Anybody know what's going on here? Thanks.

It may be a receiver problem. I had a 721 that used to do this. Engineering said to exchange the receiver and all was well. Why not just call E* tech support. They'll either send you another receiver after troubleshooting over the phone or suggest a tech visit. Have any amigos with E* service? If so, take your receiver to their place and try it out. If it works there, the receiver isn't the problem and you may need to restring your cable with new connectors.