Jittery Video Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Is the Dish Network even working on the jittery video problem with the 622's? Also, my station guide keeps changing from "All Channels" to "HD channels" all by itself. Does anyone else have this problem? I also returned a receiver for a $25.00 credit in early March. I haven't yet received that credit. "John"

I don't think it would be from a neighbors remote otherwise the channel I was watching would change. It is the setting under "My Favorites" that is changing.

jahost said:
It is the setting under "My Favorites" that is changing.
That is usually caused by hitting the "guide" button either more than once or hitting it while allready in the guide. Each press of the guide button changes the favorites list that you are in.

I have to reset my 622 at least once a week to fix the jittery video. My 622 changes channels, goes to the guide, goes to my recordings on it's own about every other day. It lasts for about 2 minutes, then stops....explain this interference theory to me. This may be my problem.

try changing the remote address on your 622. you'd be really suprised about a difference it would make. my neighbor had similar problems everything he'd switch the light on and change the channel on receiver. he changed the address and then no problems.

I've been having a lot of problems with the jittery video on my 622. I've been hitting the skip back to correct it. It's very annoying. I haven't tried the reset and haven't done that since installing it. I'll have to figure out how to do it and try it. I'd rather do that once a week than keep having to do it the way I have been.

I reboot my 622 once everyday. It's been keeping it in check rather well. I've been having a problem with 720p over component with video tearing and frequent 1-2 second black screen flashes. All other formats over component and HDMI works just fine. I've also noticed that when exiting the menus/guides that the entire menu picture doesn't dissappear all at once. It's kind of slow. I have tried everything about my 720p problem with no luck. Right now I'm using a cheater plug to lift the ground from the 622 to see how it responds. No one is broadcasting in 720p right now but the menu/guides issue is no longer there. The box is working a little faster. Response time on the TV2 remote is immediate, no hitting the button twice. We'll see what happens.

How do I change the address of the remote/receiver, and what do I change it to? Is there a set of numbers to choose from, or do I jut type in any number that comes to my head?

mr_snerdly said:
How do I change the address of the remote/receiver, and what do I change it to? Is there a set of numbers to choose from, or do I jut type in any number that comes to my head?

Go to system info screen. Hold down SAT until all mode buttons light up. Pick a number between 1-16 and enter it on the keypad. press #. press record. You'll see it change on the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)