Job Weight Limit Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scrumss3

Original poster
Jul 3, 2016
Recently applied for a job with Dish that opened in my area. I'm laid off right now from the mines and in need of work. I filled out the application and completed the question part of the application. I noticed something that I didn't see when first applying for the job. Says there is a 275 weight limit. I was wondering, is this rule strictly enforced? Do they check ur weight during the hiring process? I'm about 290 right now.

I'm betting that 275 pounds also includes any equipment you'll have to haul up that ladder that is only rated for 300 pounds at most. I know they put that weight limit there for inclusion purposes, but I've never seen installers in my area that weighed more than 200 pounds and were older than 30.

So I guess I'm pretty much screwed on getting this job. Thanks for the replies.

No harm in trying, but I wouldn't bank on it. I didn't think I would get a call either since my age is north of 50. I got a call but turned it down since I already had another job ( better pay, better working conditions ) by the time they got around to calling me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts