Joe Paterno has lung cancer, son says

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Joe Paterno has lung cancer, son says
November 18, 2011 2:30 PM
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno has a treatable form of lung cancer, according to his son.

Scott Paterno said in a statement provided to The Associated Press by a family representative on Friday that the 84-year-old Joe Paterno is undergoing treatment and that "his doctors are optimistic he will make a full recovery."

"As everyone can appreciate, this is a deeply personal matter for my parents, and we simply ask that his privacy be respected as he proceeds with treatment," Scott Paterno said in a brief statement.

Scott Paterno said the diagnosis was made during a follow-up visit last weekend for a bronchial illness.

Earlier Friday, the Standard-Speaker newspaper of Hazleton, Pa., reported that Paterno had been seen Wednesday visiting the Mount Nittany Medical Center and was treated for an undisclosed ailment and released.

Paterno was fired last week in the aftermath of shocking allegations against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, charged with sexually abusing eight boys over 15 years. He initially announced his retirement effective the end of the season the morning of Nov. 9 before university trustees fired him about 12 hours later.

The lurid scandal tarnished the reputation of a football program that once prided itself on the slogan "Success with Honor." The Hall of Famer's 409 career victories are a Division I record.

Read more: Joe Paterno has lung cancer, son says | cancer, son, college - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Anyone see this as a deflector to gain some sympathy for Joe?

Or just a tragic coincidence?

Or karma?

I don't think its any thing of the sort..the man is old and has cancer a disease that EVERYONE has ties too in each family. I said it before the stress of everything on this fallout will kill him - this cancer may do it before.

Has Joe Paterno been named an unindicted co-conspirator in the molestation case at Penn State? Has he been criminally charged with anything yet? It sounds like people are assuming he had something to do with what happened at Penn State. Let the courts try & convict him. Is he the new "Casey Anthony?" I'm sorry he has cancer,& I'd truly be surprised if he is still alive this time next year,but I am not chalking his cancer up to "karma."

What kind of cancer did the guy who was in jail for the Lockerbie bombing have? You can get over that kind, when convenient.

Aside from his cancer, there seems to be many witch hunters that already have him convicted in the court of public opinion.

Has Joe Paterno been named an unindicted co-conspirator in the molestation case at Penn State? Has he been criminally charged with anything yet? It sounds like people are assuming he had something to do with what happened at Penn State. Let the courts try & convict him. Is he the new "Casey Anthony?" I'm sorry he has cancer,& I'd truly be surprised if he is still alive this time next year,but I am not chalking his cancer up to "karma."

I have to agree with this statement. Joe Paterno has too yet have been indited in any part of this witch hunt by the authorities in Pennsylvania. I feel he is being tried and convicted by the news media....ESPN, Fox Sports, ETC. ETC. They don't have the NBA (no great loss) to talk about so they choose Joe Paterno who up until now has had a pristine record that I know of. No scandals of any kind, no cheating or talk of steroids.

I have to agree with this statement. Joe Paterno has too yet have been indited in any part of this witch hunt by the authorities in Pennsylvania. I feel he is being tried and convicted by the news media....ESPN, Fox Sports, ETC. ETC. They don't have the NBA (no great loss) to talk about so they choose Joe Paterno who up until now has had a pristine record that I know of. No scandals of any kind, no cheating or talk of steroids.

No one knows what violations may or may not have been going on ... just because they haven't been caught.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts