Joey 0 tuners available

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Every day one of my three Joeys will say 0 tuners available and won’t let me have access to live tv. All other TVs in my home work perfect. Only fix which is only a temporary fix is to reset the Joey and then it works fine until later. Any suggestions to try on my own? I did go into my whole home and I have a green check mark for linked and a green check for strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every day one of my three Joeys will say 0 tuners available and won’t let me have access to live tv. All other TVs in my home work perfect. Only fix which is only a temporary fix is to reset the Joey and then it works fine until later. Any suggestions to try on my own? I did go into my whole home and I have a green check mark for linked and a green check for strong.

Good afternoon! Technical issues are frustrating, but we are here to help!

We know that you mentioned that you reset the Joey. Have you tried a Whole Home Reset? This is where you reset the Hopper first, and while it's coming back up, you reset/unplug the three Joeys.

Good afternoon! Technical issues are frustrating, but we are here to help!

We know that you mentioned that you reset the Joey. Have you tried a Whole Home Reset? This is where you reset the Hopper first, and while it's coming back up, you reset/unplug the three Joeys.

No I haven’t. I can do that next time it happens and let you know.

Every day one of my three Joeys will say 0 tuners available and won’t let me have access to live tv. All other TVs in my home work perfect. Only fix which is only a temporary fix is to reset the Joey and then it works fine until later.
Which Hopper do you have, and how many Joeys?

Reactions: Foxbat
I sometimes run into the same problem. Not everyday though. The big screen tv in the basement is connected to Joey 2. ( I have 2 more Joey 2s and Hopper 3). When I turn the big screen tv and Joey 2, Joey 2 shows 0 tuner is available. Out of 16 and no recording ? In the morning. I wait couple minutes, and it starts. Since it does not happen often, I just ignore it. But, a solution would be nice. I will follow the Dish rep's suggestion.

Reactions: andrewj0781
So tonight when I turned on my Joey 3 it gave me a broadband connection loss message. I left it sit for about 30 seconds and went to 0 tuners available then to live tv. This is the only Joey 3 out of the three that acts this way.

So tonight when I turned on my Joey 3 it gave me a broadband connection loss message. I left it sit for about 30 seconds and went to 0 tuners available then to live tv. This is the only Joey 3 out of the three that acts this way.

This was a sofdtware issue that was supposed to be addressed but never was properly. Resetting the Hopper is the best "fix" as it resets the Moca connection

strange seeing your post. i just got off the phone with tech support regarding this same issue. i have a H3 and two J3's. only 1 joey has that behavior. been going on for about 2 weeks and gradually got worse. i usually just unplug it and it will usually come back to live tv but for the last 2 days it wont do anything but display the menu screens. tests show no problems. linked ok. connections are good. but no live tv at all. when channels are changed its just a black screen. also, the joey in question will not power off when using remote or pressing power on the joey itself. we troubleshooted for a good half hour then he decided to send a tech out today by 2pm. also for the first time i noticed the same 0 of 0 tuners available on my H3 this morning. it lasted for about 10 seconds then it went back to live tv. ill post back here what the tech does today when or if he shows up. joey software is u583 and the H3 software is u939.

Reactions: sktrus
broadband connection loss
Hah! Read this. My Hopper 3 is not connected to Internet (rural area, limited data). I actually set up once to see the streaming quality. I was satisfied, considering the signal coming from cell tower. Then, I changed the wifi password on Hopper 3 (That was the easiest way to disconnect!!) with a fake password.
I still get the same 'broadband connection loss' message. (Once in a blue moon!). I ignore it, and live tv starts. It must be a bug.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
no live tv at all. when channels are changed its just a black screen.
Gosh, it sounds like the tech might replace yours. Out of 3 Joey 2 I have, only one (that I use everyday) shows me 'broadband loss and/or '0 tuners available'. Not often. 15 seconds later, it is ok. Let us know what happens.

dish technician did a few tests and checked everything. he plugged his phone into the hopper & all the tests were saying everything was good. no problems even though no live tv on the joey. he said he never seen this type problem without an error message. he replaced the joey and now its all working again. i was informed that if the problem persists, the H3 would need to be replaced since i had a similar issue on the dvr. but so far so good. live tv all around. for now.....

Appears someone else is having the same issues I am. My Hopper 3 is flaking out, and rebooting (over 60 internal Reboots per the log), losing Joeys' etc and intermittent DVR drive availability. Although it can recognize my external Hard Drive, is reboots before any transfers can complete. I am hoping that if I get a replacement Hopper 3 that I can at least complete a transfer via ethernet with out it flaking out and before I need to send the flakey one back. Software is U939 and I can't determine if a recent software upgrade flaked it out....
One Hopper 3 and 3 Joeys. Have done all the boots, reboots, network resets, link/re-link, Hopper/Joey sequencing, shutdown for 10 minutes, tests, etc.
Just unreliable, but seems more so since Thanksgiving. Either bad Hopper 3 or bad software upgrade or both.
Tech coming tomorrow 1/5. Will press for a replacement Hopper 3, and pray that I can transfer my recording direct by Ethernet.
Family is about to mutiny because of the lack of stability.

Yesterday, I went to a job I installed in the spring. Hopper 3 with 5 Joey 3's connected to Comcast via Orby Mesh Routers (2 towers and 3 satellites). 3 Joeys are having Broadband Connection Lost Error. The Master bedroom was the worst, having dropped Moca 339 times. Netflix seemed to be the best trigger for the error. All the typical connections, signal, components checked out fine so we took one of the towers and moved it to the Hopper and connected it by Ethernet. I turned all the TV's on, no errors and we watched a program on Netflix in the MBR with no errors and he hasn't called me to say it errored again.

Funny I found this -- I have been having the same intermittent problem for the last few weeks. (1) H3 and (3) J3's all connected by MOCA but only 1 J3 is doing it. Remote Tech Support couldn't find any errors so they are sending me a replacement Joey. If the problem still persists after that they will send out a Tech to check the node and wiring. Replacement Joey should be here Thursday or Friday so I'll hook it up and watch it for a couple of days then report back here next week.

Funny I found this -- I have been having the same intermittent problem for the last few weeks. (1) H3 and (3) J3's all connected by MOCA but only 1 J3 is doing it. Remote Tech Support couldn't find any errors so they are sending me a replacement Joey. If the problem still persists after that they will send out a Tech to check the node and wiring. Replacement Joey should be here Thursday or Friday so I'll hook it up and watch it for a couple of days then report back here next week.
It's not the Joey. It's too wide spread to be a bad Joey

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm having same issue. You know what I think.
Their too damn cheap to replace old coaxal that feeds into the Joey's.
Their bosses in the company tell them to only switch out the coaxal
wire feeding into the main for the DVR hopper.

They tell them that the wires feeding the joey don't have to be 100
percent , and they can still handle the resistance.

I think their way of thinking is wrong ,
Its only 1 of 2 things , either bad firmware that's problematic or
older wires feeding the joeys that need changed out .

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)