Joey 1.0 vs Joey 2.0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dish Sub 2015

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 19, 2015
The Matrix
Is there a way to distinguish Joey 1.0 from 2.0 other than the box label?
We have comparing few Joeys 1.0 and 2.0 and didn't find any differences in the design or label?

Whats the differences between Joey 1.0 and Joey 2.0
Is there few versions of Joey 1.0

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/h3_joey2.pdf

Joey 2.png

I believe that any "incompatibility" is software-imposed, not any true technical incompatibility.
  • Dish doesn't want a dog-slow Joey 1 used by customers with a Hopper 3 because the performance difference will be so dramatic*
  • A Joey 1 is "preferred" with a HWS but a Joey will work ?
  • I suspect that a Joey 2 performs faster than an original Hopper so like the 1st item, Dish doesn't want the differences made apparent
As it is today, if someone owns an original Hopper, they will be hard-pressed to buy a Joey 1 (new) anywhere. If Dish is doing the work, it's all a non-issue anyway as they'll provide what "works".

* If a Joey isn't compatible with a Hopper 3, why does the Hopper 3 download and hold s/w for it ? It has software for the Wireless Joey, Joey 1, Joey 2, and 4K Joey available.

Is there a way to distinguish Joey 1.0 from 2.0 other than the box label?
We have comparing few Joeys 1.0 and 2.0 and didn't find any differences in the design or label?

Whats the differences between Joey 1.0 and Joey 2.0
Is there few versions of Joey 1.0

https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/h3_joey2.pdf

View attachment 122204
I would take that link right to the trash.
The Joey 2s work just fine with the original Hopper. I had one for 5 months.
I currently have a Joey 1 and 2 with my 2- HWS and the Joey one is dog slow.
The Joey 2 is much better.

Before dish started listing the Joey type on line in your account, or in the new CUI, the only way to tell them apart was the software version, and the Moca settings would list Joey CR for a Joey2.
Otherwise just looking at them would show no indication of which type you had.

Thanks, the reason i ask is because the last year (before the lunch of the Hopper3) i noticed at least 2 different joeys,
the first one you have to link the remote before the software download - dog slow Joey
the second one, remote need to be linked at the end - way faster joeys
On the other hand now with Hopper 3 and Joey 2.0 you still can see here and there some slow joeys 2.0 ?
Go figure....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts