Joey 1.0 with H3?

Hope this thread helps others who might be wanting to do the same thing. To Dish's credit, they did offer to send me an owned Joey at no charge and without a contract extension, but it requires a truck roll (no idea why, the line is still there in the exact same place) and I don't want to mess with that. So I'm just going to fish my 30-foot HDMI cable from the wall behind the H3 to my bedroom. They did put a $40 credit on my account, so I cannot complain. They bent over backwards to mend their error.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
Different result here. I have an H3 at my lake house. I have an owned Joey 1 and and owned wireless Joey. I also have 3 leased Joey 2's. Over last winter I had only the leased Joeys active to save on the receiver fees. At the beginning of summer I called and reactivated the Joey 1 and the wireless Joey. They did it with no trouble and they work just fine.

Different result here. I have an H3 at my lake house. I have an owned Joey 1 and and owned wireless Joey. I also have 3 leased Joey 2's. Over last winter I had only the leased Joeys active to save on the receiver fees. At the beginning of summer I called and reactivated the Joey 1 and the wireless Joey. They did it with no trouble and they work just fine.

I wouldn't shut off the Joey 1's again. Not even someone in the corporate office in Denver could activate mine. They tried, the system kicked out the RID.

Maybe the difference is that yours were already on your account.

We will see. I will be shutting them off again next month. It will be off for 7 months. If they don't let me turn it back on then I guess I will just buy a Joey 2 or 3 or whatever. Basically the same price as the savings.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
It's been posted here that Dish will replace an owned J1 with an owned J2 as part of an H3 upgrade.

It's been posted here that Dish will replace an owned J1 with an owned J2 as part of an H3 upgrade.

The J1 and J2 should be the same except the SoC on the board. By swapping an owned J1 for a J2 they can take the J1 motherboard and replace the SoC and put a new label on the enclosure and send it out as a refurbished J2.

A Joey two has a faster processor and more ram then a Joey one. The Joey one is not an authorized device to use On a Harper three system. As you probably seen other than the hardware inside, there is no difference on the outside between a Joey one any Joey to other than the fact that the Joey two will be noticeably faster and more responsive.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
A Joey two has a faster processor and more ram then a Joey one. The Joey one is not an authorized device to use On a Harper three system. As you probably seen other than the hardware inside, there is no difference on the outside between a Joey one any Joey to other than the fact that the Joey two will be noticeably faster and more responsive.
I am just curious based on the typos in this post: are you using some kind of voice-to-text system to reply? It looks like the kind of result I might expect to get by doing that.

Reactions: HipKat
I am just curious based on the typos in this post: are you using some kind of voice-to-text system to reply? It looks like the kind of result I might expect to get by doing that.

Yes, I just got a new iPad and the voice recognition on it is terrible and me remembering to go back and review what I say before I post it is something I have to remember to do

Reactions: pattykay and bspei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts