Joey 2.0 or Joey 4K?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
I'm getting ready to install a hopper 3 system but I'm stuck on the joeys. I need at least two with plans to try mirroring. I do not have any 4K sets and I don't care about picture in picture. I didn't realize the 4K joeys cost almost what the hopper 3 does. Hence I was planning on going with Joey 4Ks just to be ready in the future but cost wise the Joey 2.0s are much better.

Hence I'm asking for reasons why the 4K Joey is a better way to go over a Joey 2.0?

I paid $275 for my Hopper 3 and on the same site they had Joey 4K for $149.
When I have a nee for a Joey I will probably buy a 4K just in case in the future I pick up a 4K TV.
The same site had Joey 2.0s for $99.

Which to get I would say depends on how soon you want a completely functional joey. I just upgraded to an H3 and two 4K joeys. I went with the 4K joeys because I had joey 1.0s and they were slow as a snail crawling uphill and I wanted the fastest thing out. I even paid an additional $100 to get the 4K joeys. If I had it to do over I would have gone with the joey 2.0s because they are solid working units however still with the old GUI. I think eventually the H3 and 4K joey will be the way to go but at this point I feel like I paid Dish $149 upgrade fee and another $135 a month to Beta test their new receivers.

A Joey2 will be upgraded to the Carbon UI in an H3 system, there is not an option to keep the old GUI.
Then why did the original Netflix error say you could still watch Netflix on your joey but not the hopper? I know all will eventually have the Carbon Gui but right now I am pretty sure the only joey with it is the 4K.

Im leaning towards going with the 2.0 then at this point. Is there a surefire way to tell a 1.0 from a 2.0 at this point? I installed a few for the parents years ago and they seem pretty fast so I assume they were a 2.0 but I am not sure.

Then why did the original Netflix error say you could still watch Netflix on your joey but not the hopper? I know all will eventually have the Carbon Gui but right now I am pretty sure the only joey with it is the 4K.
Because the Joey2 is already an approved non-4K device maybe?

Doesn't really matter: H3 + Joey2 = Carbon on the Joey2, with no option for Legacy GUI.

I guess if you were really, really diligent, kept the thing unplugged when not viewing, and cancelled any upgrades when you had it powered(assuming that's an option) you might be able to keep it on the legacy ui.

I'm getting ready to install a hopper 3 system but I'm stuck on the joeys. I need at least two with plans to try mirroring. I do not have any 4K sets and I don't care about picture in picture. I didn't realize the 4K joeys cost almost what the hopper 3 does. Hence I was planning on going with Joey 4Ks just to be ready in the future but cost wise the Joey 2.0s are much better.

Hence I'm asking for reasons why the 4K Joey is a better way to go over a Joey 2.0?
I bought both 4k and joey 2. The 4k is way faster than joey 2 as far as response time.

Yeah same here. I really like the 4K. 2.0 was rebooting a lot but seems to have settled in. Can't stand the 52.0 remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts