Joey 2.0

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
Is it possible to get one of my Joey 1.0 replaced with a Joey 2.0 other than buying one myself?

I currently have a 2 HWS + 2 Joey 1.0 setup and I think I will be sticking with this for awhile instead of going to Hopper 3 but I really would like to replace one of the Joey's with the newer model.

Seems like that ought to be doable, now that Joey 1 and Joey 2 are completely separate, distinguishable, model numbers, but not sure anyone has tried to get Dish to do this outside of a Hopper 3 upgrade yet. Contact DIRT and see what they will do for you!

Seems like that ought to be doable, now that Joey 1 and Joey 2 are completely separate, distinguishable, model numbers, but not sure anyone has tried to get Dish to do this outside of a Hopper 3 upgrade yet. Contact DIRT and see what they will do for you!

Sorry I missed that info. How can you distinguish them?

Now that I have a new bedroom tv, I hooked up my "Joey2" and could not get it to work with the H3. Got on chat, they told me the Joey2 is actually a 1.0 and they are rolling a tech to install a free Joey 2.0 Saturday, but I did add the prot plan.

The 4K Joey was $50 cost if I had wanted it.

The outside of the box has a sticker that says "Joey 2"
Well yeah that but I'm referring to newer joeys that are installed but have the faster processor so technically are the same as a 2.0.

How is dish replacing the joeys in a hopper 3 install if they can't tell which joeys are a 1.0. Are they just swapping them all out to a new box labeled 2.0?

I'm guessing the only reason I got the deal is I had 2 HWS's and the Joey, went to the H3 and now my Joey doesn't work. I would have gotten it all setup during the H3 install but I took my bedroom tv to a friends for the Superbowl party and a drunk girl put her knee thru it LOL. Just bought a new Samsung from Costco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)