Joey 2 Restarting

mackie99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 28, 2007
Sunny Southern California
Ok, this has happened two days in a row. I sit down to watch something recorded. I turn on the TV and Joey 2, then exit from the home screen ;) .

I click on DVR and go to what I want to watch. After clicking watch (or whatever it says), the screen goes black then it says the Joey 2 is restarting.

Once it restarts, I don't have a problem watching different recorded programs.

This happened Thursday night and last night on the same Joey. It doesn't happen on the Hopper 3.

Any suggestions? This is a new install of Hopper 3 and two Joey 2s that was installed on Sunday.

All the time. Ours (all 6) seem to do it when they have sat unused for a little while. After the reboot it is fine until it sits again.

I have been having this same problem for over a month now. Had a service call and he did some rewiring. Lasted for a week and now has done it the last 2 nights. Called dish and they told me I have to have the Joey on a stand sitting straight up. Told csr I have never heard of this being a problem. He assured me that it was and will be sending me a replacement Joey. I smell bs.

Mine does it with the thing sitting straight up. It hasn't done it in about a week, but when it does it it does it for a few days in a row it seems. I usually just watch tv in the bedroom before bed and that's when it happens.

I have two Joeys, one sitting straight up, one sitting flat. Neither of them has had an issue for 4 years.... I know that doesn't resolve the OPs issue but it certainly disproves the CSR...

I have two Joeys, one sitting straight up, one sitting flat. Neither of them has had an issue for 4 years.... I know that doesn't resolve the OPs issue but it certainly disproves the CSR...
Do you have the hopper 3 and joey 2s? If not then this statement is Irrelevant. There is a known issues with Carbon UI on the Joey 2.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)