Joey 3 w/o MoCA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Non-supported? I beg to differ. A reboot is always the fix that Dish CSR's recommend above all others. Even if you claim you did that 10X already. They want it done 11X. :(
MoCA is the only supported method. Ethernet, while it works, is not supported so you will get no answers from DISH when you make contact regarding whatever issues you may have with it.

MoCA is the only supported method. Ethernet, while it works, is not supported so you will get no answers from DISH when you make contact regarding whatever issues you may have with it.

I understand that. That's why I ask all my questions here. :D So here's another. Why is it that I'm the only one who needs to reset the network when I pull the coax off my Joey?

I understand that. That's why I ask all my questions here. :D So here's another. Why is it that I'm the only one who needs to reset the network when I pull the coax off my Joey?
That I can't answer, maybe some of our gurus have that answer. And yes, you usually get better answers here than corporate contacts....

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
We were always told that the Ethernet method may stop working at any time. I haven't tried this trick in a long time so I dont know if it still works or not.

Fortunately it still works on my Joey3, but I had to reset the network before it did anything. Remember; my wife surprised me with this move. I had no way to plan or prepare and certainly not to pull cable. So the Ethernet method is most excellent and I hope Dish does not disable it. Ever.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts