Joey 3 Weird Issue

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I just activated a Joey 3 today, replaced a Joey 2 with it.

I have it going, but there is a weird issue, in the middle of the screen, it says ‘Factory Test Mode’ in a black box.

I have never seen anything like that before on a Dish receiver.

I assume it could be the software that was installed from the factory.

Do I just need to leave it in standby to download a current version from the Hopper 3 its connected to?

Thought someone else might have seen this before.

Thanks

I just activated a Joey 3 today, replaced a Joey 2 with it.

I have it going, but there is a weird issue, in the middle of the screen, it says ‘Factory Test Mode’ in a black box.

I have never seen anything like that before on a Dish receiver.

I assume it could be the software that was installed from the factory.

Do I just need to leave it in standby to download a current version from the Hopper 3 its connected to?

Thought someone else might have seen this before.

Thanks
I have never seen that issue, but I would definitely recommend a software download. Just be sure to leave both the Hopper 3 and Joey 3 in standby, and let them do their thing.

Yeah, tried that. It updated its firmware, but the 'Factory Test Mode' is still displayed in the middle of the screen.
This might be a dumb question, but are you sure that it is the Joey displaying the message, and not some setting on your TV that might have gotten selected by accident?

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure that it is the Joey displaying the message, and not some setting on your TV that might have gotten selected by accident?

I’m positive it’s the Joey 3. It wasn’t doing it on the Joey 2, which was on the same input, and it goes away on the menus, guide, etc on the Joey 3. Thanks for the advice though.

Reactions: pattykay
A master reset worked. Must have been in a test mode before it left the factory and they didn’t do a master reset before sending the unit out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Try going to diagnostics-tools-Reset to factory defaults and reset the joey, see what that does.
That's what you do. A lot of new receivers are leaving the factory still in test mode. This is how you get out of it. Of course, as usual, many of the CSR's are clueless about it

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's what you do. A lot of new receivers are leaving the factory still in test mode. This is how you get out of it. Of course, as usual, many of the CSR's are clueless about it
I started to do a master reset before I posted to see if that took care of the issue. Then I thought, that someone else might have seen that before on a Joey 3. Sounds like it might be a common problem. This one was made in a factory in India, could be the ones from there. Maybe they're failing to do a master reset after the factory test mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts